Gvozdyk vs Beterbiev hype.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ellerbe, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    He has the right style to outbox Beterbiev but navigating your way to victory through the minefield of 12 rounds of the savage KO power of Adonis is tricky and daunting enough, but to then have to navigate your way to it again through the minefield of another one of the sports P4P top 5 savage punchers in the space of 3 fights is a big ask for any fighter even if they can really take a punch.

That being said, Usyk managed to do it against Gassiev and Briedis and the fact that he was able to navigate his way to victory against both those 2, Glowacki, Bellew, Hunter, and Huck without touching the canvas once or being seriously hurt is pretty astonishing. I can't think of any fighter off the top of my head who has beaten that many savage punchers and legit bangers in the space of 7 fights, let alone done so in their opponent's backyards and not been badly hurt or dropped once.

CST80 likes this.
  2. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    But Stevenson is not Beterbiev (both murderous punches, but Adonis wasn't a pressure fighter) and Beterbiev is for sure better and so much more experienced than Gassiev.

Serge likes this.
  3. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Yes I know but they're both were/are 2 of the sports premier KO artists (top 5 P4P punchers) and lots of fighters don't ever face one puncher of that calibre in their careers, let alone 2 in the space of 3 fights. With Adonis you only really have to be very wary of that savage left hand, whereas Artur is going to be letting both hands go freely.

4. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    I'm leaning to Beterbiev by KO in this fight. Probably even early KO. He cuts of the ring and penetrates defense so well, that it's pretty scary. He doesn't have a great defense or sturdy chin himself and there lays Gvozdyk's chance of catching him with a counter and knocking him out. I just don't think Gvozdyk can outbox him for 12 rounds without getting hit with something serious

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  5. TheMotorCityCobra

TheMotorCityCobra Active Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2018
    Great fight, I could less who wins between a Russian and a Ukrainian, I just want to see them bludgeon each other in a brutal slugfest. Leaning Beterbiev stoppage with his relentless style and short, massive power shots. War blood and carnage.

6. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    One hype balloon will be deflated thats for sure

7. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Boxing fans have very different opinions about this fight, but most agree that there will be at least one knockdown in it. :smile:

8. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Is there a LHW on the planet Adonis and Callum Johnson couldn't drop if they caught them right?

Of the Ring Magazine's top 10 LHWs

In no order

Beterbiev has been down twice, once against the savage hooking Callum Johnson, and the other against Jeff Page which was a off balance/shove KD IMO

Here's what Seanie Monaghan had to say about Callum Johnson's power

One of those big punchers Monaghan has sparred with is Beterbiev

This content is protected

Kovalev has been stopped and dropped numerous times

Gvozdyk has been dropped officially x 1 Karpency and unofficially against the savage punching Stevenson whose fearsome KO power is well known

Marcus Browne was dropped against Hot Rod, hurt badly by him on 1 or 2 other occasions and almost dropped, and would've been KTFO if the ref didn't allow him to octopus grab Hot Rod to death all night. Browne was also dropped by Lenin Castillo, and bounced up and down off the canvas like a yo-yo by Pascal.

Alvarez was KO'd in the amateurs and Prieto hurt him numerous times in their fight, including badly in round 6

Timestamped

This content is protected

Badou Jack has been KO'd in a round and dropped numerous times

Even Pascal who is titanium-jawed has been badly hurt, dropped x 1 and stopped albeit by the vicious punching Kovalev back when Kov was punching with brutal force

Chilemba has been dropped x 3

Sullivan Barrera has been knocked out by Bivol and dropped about 7 or 8 other times IIRC

Jesse Hart has been dropped numerous times and badly hurt a few times too

Bivol has never been down but was hurt badly by Joe Smith Jr right on the bell

Joe Smith Jr. has never been down AFAIA but was hurt a bit by Bivol in the 12th IIRC

And as said, Eledier Alvarez is the only other top LHW who hasn't been down as a pro but he has been badly hurt.

So with the exception of Alvarez and Bivol everyone in the top 10 has been dropped or stopped at some point.

175 is full of savage punchers and bangers

pacas and CST80 like this.
  9. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    This is a legit A grade fight.

Let us all come together, hold hands and clamour in one of the rare occasions that boxing delivers to its faithful subjects.

10. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    It's coming on slowly, but we're getting the red hot 175 division's guys fighting eachother finally.
    Bring it awn!

11. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    You isn't excited foo, shut up! Lol I'm excited too! Haha

12. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    The Nail will win this . Trust me.

CST80 likes this.