Hall appealing Haskins loss legally: Has he a case?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lencoreastside, Feb 6, 2017.

1. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Personally I thought Haskins won fair & square.

2. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Strange one, it was close but I had Haskins winning. Solis who got robbed in the McDonnell fight should be appealed though.

N17, jmashyaka, Robney and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    100% correct.

4. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I had Hall winning comfy to be fair and so did anyone I spoke to.

5. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    I had hall but could have went either way. I expect Haskins v butler to be made now (not that am too excited about that) but now that McDonnell has to rematch solis think that's the way it will all play out.

6. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Remember WBA have ordered the rematch - McDonnell & Hearn & Coldwell were not stepping up here. They were quite happy to hang onto ill-gotten gains. Shame on them.
    A better prepared McDonnell should win the rematch purely due to his massive physical advantages, but the whole Solis robbery affair stinks to high heaven. Even the Sky team were stunned at the decision - and thats saying something!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  7. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I l;ike McDonnell does most of the fundamentals really well but he lost that fight and lost it clearly. At the end even though I wanted him to win before the fight I wanted Solis to get the decision as he really won that fight.

lencoreastside likes this.
  8. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Its really case of the pressure fighter vs a boxer. Close fight in my opinion, I've seen way worse decisions I mean look at Chudinov vs Sturm for example.

TigerDariusz likes this.
  9. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I had it close to haskins. Could of gone either way

10. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Strange one this- Hall has no chance of getting anywhere with this unless he somehow prove there was some
    Kind of foul play involved.
    It was a Close fight, maybe Hall could have gotten it by 1 if I remember correctly- it's Certainly wasn't a robbery though

big_daddy likes this.
  11. big_daddy

big_daddy Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2013
    yeah if he has some solid evidence of corruption he could make a decent claim for loss of earnings, however if Haskins team/promoters find out that something was up and hall knows I'd bet good money they'd try to settle before it got to court as if there is solid evidence that it was fixed then there will be a lot of people in the sport sweating like pigs as it would trash the reputation of the sport big time, those AJ PPVs won't be so lucrative

12. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I agree, The McDonnell Solis fight was one of the worst decisions I'd seen for a while.

117-111 for McDonnell is one of the worst scorecard of all time :risas3:

13. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Disgraceful performance from Coldwell & Hearn...never even acknowledged Solis has a case. Surely McDonnell must have been aware he got a gift too? The fighter always knows...

N17 likes this.
  14. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    You're obviously mixing with the wrong crowd, Moog! :)

Seriously thought- it was close - neither won 'comfy'. Haskins won for me.

15. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    I thought it was a fight of two halves, I was surpised people had Hall winning clearly though because I never saw that. Just reaffirmed my thoughts on Haskins and that he should try and get the biggest money fight/s he can now, good fighter but age is catching up with him and he slows down badly later on in rounds, surprised he hasn't looked at a unification fight.