Haney and Saunders on Saturday

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Degale, Nov 4, 2019.

1. boxberry92

boxberry92 Member Full Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I agree that it will not grow the boxing market, especially with an undercard like the one Hearn put on yesterday.

I originally set my alarm to watch this spectacle but after six rounds of watching Billy Joe Saunders, I found myself falling back to sleep and decided to catch the replay instead. That fight along with the Devin Haney fight would have been torture for the YouTube generation who demand instant gratification.

Casuals want to see action and knockouts and Hearn who had no problem feeding Dave Allen to Luis Ortiz will eventually gas one of these YouTubers up so much that they will be fed to someone who has basic boxing fundamentals and no fear of getting hit.

When that eventually does happen that will be the end of it, as it will either be a farce like the Charlie Zelenoff v Andrew Hartley fight or they will get seriously injured.

I would take any amateur who has been training at a good quality boxing club for 6-12 months to dismantle the likes of KSI or Logan Paul.

2. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Watched the highlights of KSI/LP this morning and it looked crap. I randomly stumbled across the first fight live and that was actually entertaining. They appear to have gotten worse. I couldn't believe this latest 'pro fight' was only six rounds? These boys are fleecing the youtube fans like nobody in boxing has ever done before. Pretty sad state of affairs if they have a 3rd fight.

Jurgen likes this.
  3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Can we have them commentators that they had for the KSI v Logan fight for normal cards please haha. What absolute tripe, but better than listening to Froch and Macklin.
    I have no idea who Logan Paul and KSI are, my daughter does, but for a novice fight it was fun to watch.

4. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Any info on what the gloves weighed? And were they wearing head-guards or not?

5. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    The Logan Paul guy should be ashamed of himself the fight I just watched was a cruserweight against a middleweight maybe even a light middleweight !

6. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Absolutely mate - the mugths get fleeced time and again but still come back for another poking.

Never thought I would see the day when the PPV mugths were rogered in such huge numbers for a 6 round cartoon boxthing contest.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  7. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Their first fight was a decent scrap mate for a cartoon contest

Twentyman likes this.
  8. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Watched it for the first time today and they have not progressed at all since the first fight. It was a fight, but it wasn't boxing. I don't know who has been coaching Paul but he had no guard whatsoever. It seems mega millions cannot teach the simplest of ideas.

9. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Just watched Paul's post fight comments. He's another one who was unwell before the fight and caught a cold. Plus, he didn't want to hurt KSI, not really.

Dear me.