Haney - Lomachenko Round 12, Why???

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Fogger, May 20, 2023.

1. CleneloAnavarez

CleneloAnavarez Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2021
    Haney's punches landed much better.

2. Roughhouse

Roughhouse Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Remembering when Loma went full blown sleepwalk and let Teo out hustle him in the 12th and steal that fight after blistering Lopez in the rounds leading up to the finale', I am absolutely shocked, and I mean SHOCKED that the exact same thing happened against Haney. I mean, how could you ever see this coming?

I thought Loma was a mental midget and lacked heart then and I still do. He lost the last round both times because he had the smaller ticker. The "Russian Assassin" bawling like a schoolgirl in his dressing room afterwards was quite a sight. I'm seriously ready for him to exit boxing and move into underwater welding or buy a bowling alley or anything else.

3. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    I do wish Loma stepped up the gas full throttle after having great success in the rounds prior. But then again the judges somehow had Loma losing the 10th round which was one of his most dominant round in the fight. I don't think it would have mattered how convincingly he closed out the last round because he would have only gotten himself a draw. He really needed to knock Haney down twice to secure a win unfortunately.

4. African Cobra

African Cobra The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    He claims in one interview he thought he had done enough so eased off and in another interview he tried his best. Seems confused no doubt the result of eating so many of Haney’s punches he could not get his story straight.

Fogger likes this.
  5. DynamicMoves

DynamicMoves Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    I got frustrated with Loma in round 11. He threw almost nothing in the last minute content to coast on the success of the first 2. I was hoping he'd pick the pace back up in the 12th.

Fogger likes this.
  6. SpeedKills

SpeedKills Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 7, 2009
    He was tired and after the solid rds he probably felt he earned himself a break, came out switched off and just started marching without the usual attention, footwork, fients etc, which allowed Haney to probably have his best round. Lomachenko needed a kick in the butt for the final rd, his team failed him here.

When you’re an old man, you simply don’t have the same energy/drive.

Fogger likes this.
  7. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Haney won the last round and it won him the fight.

Lesion of Doom likes this.
  8. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

Could have been a combination of fatigue and Loma thinking he'd already won the fight on points. He did throw far more in the last round than Haney anyway.

Fogger likes this.
  9. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Ultimately no matter, just a difference between an MD and a loss. But no title regardless. It’s only Loma’s very dedicated fans who are upset by the distinction.

Pimp C likes this.
  10. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    Agreed. That being said, I do think a younger Loma would have been all over a tiring Haney in the 12th round. Age gets everybody.

Reinhardt likes this.
  11. African Cobra

May 29, 2007
  12. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Clearly he was tired. I was frustrated that he didn't push further either, but it's easily understandable.

Fogger likes this.
  13. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    You can blame your hero for this miscarriage of justice. Floyd gave the judges that running holding & hugging plus occasional elbow smashes means youre winning the fight. For me Loma won 116-112 would have been 117-111 if Loma hadn't coasted in the 12th. 85 % in that arena thought Loma won they even played Loma's music before the cards were read Haney's face was a picture when that happened

14. African Cobra

May 29, 2007
    Well it’s pretty established that you are troll who does not know **** about boxing.

15. columbo

columbo Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2023
    according to compubox, lomachenko landed more than haney and threw more than haney in round 12.

boxing scene compubox link did not work. check it out using your search engine.

lomachenko (according to compubox) won round 12.