Haney vs Kambosos prediction thread !!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by heerko koois, May 30, 2022.

Haney or Kambosos ?

1. Haney

54.4%
  2. Kambosos

45.6%
  1. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Haney tko 11 Kambosos

Rumsfeld likes this.
  2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Wrong forum... don't worry, I'll move it.

Kambosos KO9

3. heerko koois

Apr 26, 2006
    Thanks man !

4. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    haney, UD. Though I dont discard a robbery, why not? we do it in europe and america, they can do it in australia too.

5. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Kambosos by TKO between rounds 8 and 12

Kiwi Casual and CST80 like this.
  6. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
  7. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    I want Kambosos for two reasons.

1. He isn't a weight bully hypejob (Haney) . And embarassed a weight bully himself (Teo) beatinghim away from home and sitting him on his arse. If he beats Haney he will be known as the weight bully killer .

2. He will fight the truly top elite guy at 135 - Lomachenko. Haney won't do that, he'll just move up under the guise of being drained. One armed much smaller Lomachenko was at the end of a wrong decision against Teo - he won rounds 2, 6 (these two rounds are somehow held as Teo rounds when he got cleanly outlanded) arguably 7, 8,9 10,11. That's 6-7 rounds to Loma. I've always made a very good case for Loma winning 2 and 6. 8, 9, 10, 11 are not debatable. He at minimum deserved a draw.

Loma convincingly won the rounds he took (8,9,10, 11). The rounds Teo won weren't actually by outlanding Loma significantly it was because he was simply pushing forwards against him. There's the flawed view that it was only Loma that did nothing for the first 6 rounds. First of all, not true, he outlanded Teo with cleaner shots in round 2 and 6. Secondly, in rounds 1, 3, 4, 5 all Teo did was walk towards Loma he was barely landing at all, most was hitting air, elbows and gloves . I did a proper punch count back in the day (not that casual compubox bullocks) and in these rounds Teo must have landed 1-3 more punches than Loma and many of these punches were jabs or right hands to the body as Loma was retreating taking the sting off them.

Teo literally couldn't find Lomas head really until Loma got reckless and desperate in round 12.

The most fair outcome of that fight was a draw at minimum. There's a reason Teo ducked the rematch, he got lucky

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    serioussam likes this.
  8. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Haney puts a clinic on the one hit wonder.

9. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Kambosos/Haney is intriguing. Why is that?

Because Kambosos is coming off a career best W (and performance) against Teo but the important thing to notice is that he showed a completly different style in that fight. Usually Kambosos is a guy who loves to walk opponents down with a high guard but in the fight against Lopez he was boxing nicely on the backfoot and countered so well albeit Teo gave him so many opening with his reckless approach.

Haney is a completly different matchup. You can compare Haney to Selby. Selby has great legs too and a very good jab. But Selby was already a bit shopworn when he fought Kambosos and while the fight was close i think Kambosos struggles with the type of fighter Haney is.

BUT...
    1. The fight is in Australia and while we have three foreigners as judges, there is a home advantage for Kambosos without a doubt. Haney is fighting on the road for the first time, and it's not in Canada or Mexico - it's freaking Australia. Who knows how his weight cut is going and how he adapts to the conditions.
    2. Kambosos has improved a lot and the W over Lopez should give him some serious confidence. I mean somebody said that winning a big title fights makes you 30% better. Kambosos could look a lot better.
    3. Haney is the better boxer and a much better raw talent than Kambosos but Haney also has the tendency to make a lot of mistakes. Especially when he's cruising to a decision he often loses focus. That's the reason why Linares caught him. Linares was probably 30 seconds away from stopping Haney. Haneys chin is still a big questionmark. His punch resistance didn't look great albeit Linares can punch a bit.
    4. If Haney wants to win the fight and the belts he has to deliver a really good performance and he has to exchange here and there. I just don't think Haney wins the fight fighting on the backfoot for 12 rounds. I just don't see that. He's not fighting in the US in front of US judges and US fans. And we already saw Haney in some close fights with close cards.

While i think this is a good matchup for Haney on paper, i just don't see him winning the fight with the same style and approach he won all of his recent fights. Therefore i'm going with Kambosos by UD or late stoppage.

10. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
  11. moydjayweather

moydjayweather Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2020
    The informant is getting decisioned in Australia

12. venbox

venbox Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2005
    If Kambosos was good enough to beat Lopez in America, he should be good enough to beat Haney in Australia.

Ecks and iii like this.
  13. Charles van Doren

Charles van Doren Member Full Member

Nov 10, 2016
  14. heerko koois

Apr 26, 2006
    This content is protected

15. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I think if Haney survives the middle rounds we are looking at a SD for Haney.

If the down under brings the thunder in the middle rounds I can see a TKO 9 win for Kamb

heerko koois likes this.