Haney vs Kambosos prediction thread !!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by heerko koois, May 30, 2022.

Haney or Kambosos ?

1. Haney

54.4%
  2. Kambosos

45.6%
  1. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Haney doesn't have the fast feet, lateral and in out movement Selby has. Yes Selby was shopworn but his movement was still better than Haneys. Haney also doesn't have the fast snappy jab that Selby does.

Despite all of this the Selby Kambosos fight was not close. And I hate how this is mentioned. It wasn't close, at all, Kambosos won 8-9 rounds. You don't get scored rounds flicking the jab just in front of someone's face and not actually landing lmao some of you guys in the Rbr were ****ing stupid honestly.

Of course there is much more to boxing than a snappy jab and fast feet/lateral movement that Selby has and Haney doesn't. But Haney has not shown that he can avoid being hit, and even by predictable slow punches as how we saw smaller absolute feather fisted jojo Diaz landed bombs several times appearing to hurt Haney. That does not bode well for when he faces Kambosos.

Haney is an overhyped prospect. He's not even that good a boxer. I wouldn't be surprised if Kambosos wins on points. I'd prefer he knocks him out though

2. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    :headbash

Pimp C, DaRealJT and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  3. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Ehhh
    I prefer skills when i watch boxing. Same people that think haney is boring think guys like lara, plant, shakur, whitaker, are boring.

Reinhardt and heerko koois like this.
  4. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I see Haney delivering a snooze fest Master Class.

hope Kambosos can get inside to force a dog fight though.
    It’s his only shot.

Reinhardt likes this.
  5. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer nighty night, ellerbe ☠ ☠ ☠ banned Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    He decisioned Yukoris ****ing Gamboa :risas3:
    Literally the 2020-2022 hype man for demonstrating your power.

Haney can't crack, it is what it is. He has a solid skillset outside of that - that's what matters.
    It's going to be a great fight. Honestly, I think it could end up a draw. Unless Kamboso's knocks Haney down, no way Eddie Hearn is letting a close decision go against his fighter.

DaRealJT and heerko koois like this.
  6. kiwi_boxer

Aug 25, 2013
    *Previous post deleted due to me not doing my homework prior. Props to @Young Terror
    Should be a much more enjoyable fight without Fast Eddie involved!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  7. heerko koois

Apr 26, 2006
    Wanna bet ? I think Haney wins inside the distance

8. Young Terror

Young Terror ★ Griselda ★ Full Member

May 9, 2012
    Haney isnt with Hearn anymore he signed with Top Rank in order to get a fight with Kambosos.

9. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Haney has no power, he wins and it's a decision, not a TKO

10. kiwi_boxer

Aug 25, 2013
    Well, ****. Humble pie for breakfast it is. Props - Good to know!
    I know TR's record isn't so clean, but I have much more confidence in them than Hearn's slippery tricks of late.

11. heerko koois

Apr 26, 2006
    Kambosos ko perc is only 50%.....

12. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    George will be too good for Devin Haney. What he produced against Teofimo will be enough to win & I think he can raise the bar in Melbourne, not just maintain that standard. Jab & grab from Haney won't be enough. He'll have to engage & when he does George will get the better of it consistently. Travelling to the opposite side of the world, fighting & winning is the hardest thing to do in this sport. Only top shelf A-level guys can do it consistently & I don't think Devin is in that category. Kambosos TKO 8.

iii and juppity like this.
  13. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Yes but that doesn't mean Haney stops him, and he dropped Lopez so he has decent power. I personally think Haney has the stylistical advantage and wins a decision if the judges are fair but i dont see him TKO'ing Kambosos

heerko koois likes this.
  14. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    So since you back Kambosos to beat Haney, will you give Haney credit if he wins ?

15. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    I don't back Kambosos to win... I don't know who wins. I want Kambosos win though and brutally.

And no Haney won't get any credit. Hell get credit when he fights guys his own size. Why do you insist on giving fighters credit for everything?

Haney is very hittable. Not as slick as commentators make him out to be. He's not a hard hitter, nor is his punch selection impressive. He's not that good boxer regardless if he beats Kambosos (Kambosos has heart, chin, ferociousness, explosiveness, speed and occasionally lovely punch selection but I don't think he's that good a boxer )