Haney wants Mikey Garcia at 140 by 2021.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by POTUS, Apr 8, 2020.

Mikey or Devin

Poll closed Jun 8, 2021.
  1. Garcia

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Haney

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
  2. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I like Haney, other than when he's running his mouth about Loma that is, but look at the ******* size of him here. Crawford walks around at about 170, a lean 170 at that

This content is protected

pacas and POTUS like this.
  3. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Actually, Crawford walks around as a cruiser.

pacas, POTUS and Serge like this.
  4. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I know he's been heavier but here he is looking as lean as malnourished greyhound weighing in the 160s-170s so bare minimum 170 IMO

POTUS likes this.
  5. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket Answer the phone mofo!-Suge Knight Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    I like Haney especially when he is challenging the legacy of that eastern euro bum Lomachenko. Hopefully he gets the Garcia fight and shows everyone that he is a force to be reckon with for years to come.
    The irony of everyone whining about mush mouth Tank Davis not fighting Loma but are scared of Haney fighting him is obvious cherry picking for "The Faketrix" Lomachenko.

pacas, POTUS and Manfred like this.
  6. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    He’s not ready for Garcia. But more power to him, he will learn more in that losing effort than beating several other guys below his level.

pacas, Jackomano, 22JM and 3 others like this.
  7. ILikeBoxingForRealz

ILikeBoxingForRealz Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2018
    I think the young buck takes it. Haney is a special talent. Mikey is still a contender no doubt but I like Haney in that fight. Also, with co-vid, lets hope these fighters are keeping fit however they can until things get back underway

POTUS likes this.
  8. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Definitely not ready for García and I don’t think Hearn would put him in that fight yet I think he really believes in him and that means he’s going to protect him for awhile and he’s probably right to, it could also be said that I can’t see García being interested in the fight he seems to be focusing the big money fights now

POTUS, bandeedo and Pimp C like this.
  9. macademics

macademics Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Haney looses to Mikey. Haney is more of an athletic talent then a boxing talent. It would be a borefest watching Mikey control Haney on the back foot and Haney would try to use his speed to steal shots on him. If he was getting flustered by Blair Cobbs in sparring, then Mikey is gonna tame Haney with ease.

POTUS likes this.
  10. macademics

macademics Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2012
    100% Hearn would put him in that fight. It's a win-win for Haney. He is young enough to come back and people would just say that he was supposed to loose. It's a big fight for the DAZN platform so Hearn wouldn't hesitate to make that fight.

POTUS likes this.
  11. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    I can’t see it myself if anyone knows when to milk the cow it’s Hearn and Haney just doesn’t have enough value to even head to the negotiating table.

POTUS likes this.
  12. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Dont know how this fight is gonna happen mikey is going to fight at 147. 2020 is a wash at this point so unless he plans on jumping straight to ww which is dumb considering there are real good fights at 135 like garcia loma lopez and tank for him to take. If he does jump up and fight mikey he will get beat.

POTUS, bandeedo and Power_tek like this.
  13. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019

Not that dumb. The guy's close to 6' tall. He looked like death at a recent weigh in. Even his voice was drawn and scratchy. His youth allows him to drain down and recover without much ill effect on fight night.

Serge and POTUS like this.
  14. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    He has unfinished business at 135 with lopez loma Garcia and tank he needs to fight atleast 1, 2 would be even better. If those fights dont happen later down the road people will always talk about why they didn't. Id rather see him fight some of these guys at 135 then move up.

POTUS likes this.
  15. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Obviously. I'd love to see him fight any combination of Lomachenko, Davis, or Fimo, but he's a very big boy and he'll be at 147 by late 2021 (if boxing resumes no later than end of this year).

POTUS and Pimp C like this.