Haney wants Mikey Garcia at 140 by 2021.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by POTUS, Apr 8, 2020.

Mikey or Devin

Poll closed Jun 8, 2021.
  1. Garcia

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Haney

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    I guess ryan Garcia will join him to because he's big as well. I just hate to see these guys move up and we never get to see these fights. The same **** happened with mikey and Loma a great fight that we never got to see.

POTUS and bandeedo like this.
  2. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Risky fight.
    At least the kid is not trying to Be over protective of the 0.
    I like it.

slight edge to Mikey G for the experience level.

but Speed could be the great equalizer for Devin H.

pacas and POTUS like this.
  3. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    It will be close early as mikey can be a slow starter but once he gets that jab and that 1-2 going he will take over and give Haney a boxing lesson.

bandeedo, POTUS and Hanz Cholo like this.
  4. macademics

macademics Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2012
    It's not value that Haney has - he has Hearn and Jon Skipper's deep pockets. Mikey ain't chasing legacy no more, he is strictly about dinero cabron. Haney ain't got no clout to even get fans on board with him to call out Mikey, but Hearn can simply ask Mikey want he wants and Mikey will let him know. If he was prepared to get into the ring with Spence, then he ain't scared to get into the ring with Haney. But it will only happen if Mikey wants it, not because of any pressure from Haney. He'll take a big carrot if Hearn dangles it in front of him.

pacas and Power_tek like this.
  5. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    As good as Mikey is, he has no business being at 147 when there's so many big fights still available at 135 and 140. Something weird going on.

pacas likes this.
  6. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    It’s called money.

Zulawski, pacas, POTUS and 1 other person like this.
  7. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    That's the curse the 140 pound division will always be burdened with. It's never been as lucrative as welterweight. Great 140 pounders make more money being alright welterweights and are usually happy to accept the trade-off of cash for legacy...a lot of guys would be remembered in a better light if they never moved up, but fond memories don't pay the bills.

POTUS and bandeedo like this.
  8. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Ye that’s pretty much what I said and mean maybe I didn’t explain it properly, but still there’s not enough money there for mikey or Hearn

9. macademics

macademics Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I think that Hearn would pay well over the counter to get that fight made. Mikey apparently received 7M for Vargas - DAZN are paying ridiculous money to Mikey for what he is. I would not be surprised if he could squeeze them for 12-13M for the Haney fight.

DAZN are crazy to be paying Garcia 7M for Vargas IDGAF what anyone says.

10. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Devin Drainey

11. Zulawski

Zulawski The Fistic Pariah Full Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Might be a hard fight for Mikey. He made Robert Easter Jr look like a competent outfighter. I think his skills have grown more narrow with age. Not sure he's ever faced somebody like Haney who would likely stick to his back foot, circle, and counter. Mikey is so flat footed these days.

Mikey has got all the experience though. Seems like Haney is trying to take a Canelo-Mayweather type fight. Big money, great experience, and he can chalk an L up to being green. I like the ambition.

12. Super_Fly_Sam

Super_Fly_Sam Aus Boxer Full Member

Oct 4, 2006
    It's a bit to early for Haney at the moment in my opinion and like others have said here, he has unfinished business at lightweight.

I'm a big Haney fan though I hope he's around on top for a while more to come

POTUS likes this.