Haney will win the rematch

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by 2pac, Apr 24, 2024.

1. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    I heard the talk is Sandor Martin. Good fighter but no power so Haney won’t get hurt.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  2. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Just watched the fight. I had Haney winning 8-4 in rounds with 2 rounds being 10 -8 for Garcia, and one round being 9-8 for Garcia that would have been a 10 -8 round if he didn't hit Haney on the break. Chris Mannix had had it a draw, i had it 113-111 for Haney, with Garcia Clowning the last round away. Garcia was stalling and running giving away alot of rounds, but Haney was very consistent winning rounds with work rate, methodically stocking Garcia and landing shots. The rounds Garcia won were huge and shocking, but he only got 10-8 rounds twice. What Garcia did was shocking and impresive, i get it, but outside of those moments he didn't do much. The fight was really close points wise, could Garcia have came on late like he did if he had to actually make the weight? He looked gassed in the last round, looking at the clock. Haney was ahead 7-2 in my book after round 9, he needed to close real strong like he did to have a chance, which he did.

3. Jacques81

Jacques81 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Haney, the size of Hagler could BARELY take shots from Featherweights

If he fights even halfway decent punching 140 plus lb fighters he's getting done

piprules likes this.
  4. Hi-Tech

Hi-Tech Active Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2022
    The funny thing is the Haney fan channels claimed Loma was the US hype job lol. A supposed great white hope. THE IRONY

5. HyperionAlpha

HyperionAlpha Active Member Full Member

Aug 14, 2023
  6. Absolutely!

Absolutely! Fabulous, darling! Full Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Who cares about three pounds? Boo hoo so Haney had to kill himself to make weight and Garcia didn't. Well it it was such a big deal then he shouldn't have been fighting at it anyway. Good on Ryan Garcia. He bullied the weight bully at his own game. Haney is a horrible person. Always shoving opponents in face offs. Racist and with an obnoxious entitled personality. I hate people like that. And on top of that he has paid off refs and judges and still fights like a coward Mayweather wannabe.

He might win the rematch. He needs to make adjustments to avoid Garcia's counter left. That was what did him in. Rounds where he kept it long he had Garcia missing and even had him hurt. But when you take a big beating like that it can mess with your confidence. He doesn't deserve a rematch anyway. The fight wasn't close. And he still has his belt so what's he fighting for anyway?

7. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    Garcia clearly won rounds 1, 6, 7, there's absolutely no probable way you can have Haney ahead 7-2 after 9 rounds that's ridiculous.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2024
    Dorrian_Grey likes this.
  8. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    especially with no head gear & 8oz gloves.

9. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    The weight was a big enough deal that Ryan was willing to pay a 1.6 million not to make it, to con the public if he were to pull it off. The true hero's of this event were the Haney's, who allowed the show to go on vs a calculated cheater, who flaunted it on the scales. The reality of it is, at that point the fight should have been canceled and the blame would have been on Garcia. Garcia shouldn't be praised for his cheating and conning ways. Cheating on the scales is equivalent to taking peds, men claiming to be women while fighting women, and the like. In this case, the cheater won and is being celebrated. This is nothing but a celebrated Castillo vs Corrales 2 situation.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2024
  10. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    The other two knockdowns you speak of were push downs. Garcia did Great with his power bursts, but lost 8 mundane rounds. You can make a case that a couple of those 8 Garcia lost were swing rounds.

11. DynamicMoves

DynamicMoves Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Watch it sober next time.

Dynamicpuncher likes this.
  12. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    He said Ryan had a massive size advantage that night. Which was obvious.

13. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    I watched it sober, a week after the fight on DAZN, i won't pay more for a ppv. I think some are giving Garcia credit for small dynamic flurries at the beginning of a couple rounds then methodically losing the next 2.5 minutes of the round. The bottom line, it was a very close fight score wise. If there was a tie breaker criteria rule like, who scored the most dominant rounds wins the fight, then Ryan wins clearly, but 10 point must, its real close. But know matter how you slice it, the cheater won and is being celebrated for it.

14. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    Ryan knew that him and Haney were evenly matched. He fought him 6 times over the years. He went in with a pre- calculated plan to weigh in at a confortable weight, while Haney drained himself, just to have an advantage. That, in a way would be like Haney forcing Ryan to weighin at 136.8 lbs,then Haney weighing in at what he did 140 lbs. Who do you think would have won under those conditions? Garcia would have been spent.

TipNom likes this.
  15. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Haney has issues. He drains down, which affects punch resistance. The fluid around the brain which is there to help protect the brain against sudden shock is lessened. That's why Haney cannot take a punch. The other issue is, he cannot hit hard enough to bother the guys at 147 or above. Future looks bleak.

TipNom likes this.