Haney will win the rematch

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by 2pac, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    Do you even know how to score a fight ? Garcia out landed Haney 2-1 in overall power punches landed.

Garcia was the only fighter doing any damage in the fight, and he rocked Haney numerous times and floored him numerous times.

Yet you think Haney with his "jabs" won 8 rounds vs the fighter who landed all the significant power punches in the fight ? absolutely laughable.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2024
    Dorrian_Grey likes this.
  2. Jacques81

Jacques81 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Why are you a Haney supporter?

I think I know, just curious tho

3. TipNom

TipNom Active Member Full Member

Jun 19, 2019
    Haney winning a possible rematch is by no means impossible lol. and this is coming from someone who at one point was picking Garcia to win the fight (I switched up when I saw his pre-fight behaviour). It was pretty clear to see that skill wise, Haney was the more developed fighter. along with this, him having to go through a full cut to 140 while Garcia stopped at 143 certainly wasn't insignificant to the fight. He was bigger on the night sure but that means he had to drain himself even more than Garcia to get to 140, while Garcia had to cut less and still didn't bother making the weight. If they agreed on a higher weight, and Haney adjusted his gameplan, then he could certainly win. It'll always be a dangerous fight for him because of his inferior genetics, but it's not impossible and writing him completely off in the event of a rematch would likely prove to be unwise.

4. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Chris Mannix had it a draw and he was ringside. Based off of what i saw watching once on my tv, it looked close, even all the Judges had it relatively close score wise, but the guy who did the serious damage clearly was Garcia.

5. Absolutely!

Absolutely! Fabulous, darling! Full Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Entirely Haney's team's fault they decided to go ahead with the fight under those circumstances. Anyway Haney still gets to keep his belt. What are you upset about? I won't praise Garcia for cheating on the scales as it sets a bad precedent, but I don't mind that he did it against Haney who's an all round terrible person with awful fans and paid off pocket judges. It's a necessary evil to remove a cancerous element from the sport. Even then I hope Haney becomes a better man from this humbling, but with his crappy dad and imbecile yes-men and repulsive fanbase and his own arrogance and lack of maturity that probably won't happen. It's like if someone had punched Andre Ward in the knackers but the ref didn't see it and awarded the TKO. Karma served.

Dorrian_Grey and iceferg like this.
  6. iceferg

iceferg Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    It really wasn't though. Haney only won 3-5 rounds and he was dropped 4 or 5 times. An immediate rematch (next 6 months) would probably irreparably damage his career.

I think in general that fight they just had may have done some damage anyway if not on his punch resistance then at least on his confidence. Haney has had a lot of external effort put in to construct his heir apparent to PBF image, he needs to step back and fight a few soft touches imo.

If Sandor Martin is his Mando could be a third loss in 4 fights for Haney.

7. Absolutely!

Jul 8, 2010
    Yes they were two pushdowns. I agree. But Garcia clearly won. But people are saying there should have been five official knockdowns. I disagree. The ref made the right call with each one.

m.s. likes this.
  8. Absolutely!

Jul 8, 2010
    No it wasn't obvious at all because both men probably weighed the same.

9. Absolutely!

Jul 8, 2010
    Haney didn't have to go through with the fight when Garcia missed weight. The moment he did he accepted whatever outcome there was.

10. MetalLicker

MetalLicker I’m Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    There is no way Haney can win a rematch if they get a fair referee in there to stop all the holding. The moment Haney is prohibited from holding Garcia, he's pretty much doomed.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  11. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    I'm not a Haney supporter, im neutral when it comes to Garcia and Haney. What i didn't like was Ryan getting on the scale flaunting he didn't make make the weight, drinking a fake beer, then telling the boxing fans they can suck his ****. The dude didn't didn't make weight on purpose then he disrespected the fans at the weighin.

12. Absolutely!

Jul 8, 2010
    If Haney is killing himself to make weight then maybe, just maybe, he's fighting at the wrong weight class. Ever thought of that? And why does Haney drain himself? To gain an advantage of course!

Work your way out of that one.

Dynamicpuncher likes this.
  13. Absolutely!

Jul 8, 2010
    I thought Haney did alright in the first few rounds aside from the first where he got rocked. Thought he might be clawing his way back into the fight after an early scare and was figuring Garcia out. But Garcia just poured it on him from the second half and Haney couldn't react. He lost but he has some stuff he can work on and maybe a rematch might favour him as crazy as that sounds. But usually when someone gets beat up that bad it scars them mentally and they can't make the proper adjustments. Anthony Joshua is one of the few that can do it. If Haney can then I'll be impressed.

14. Jacques81

Jacques81 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Haney came in bigger than Hagler. ..stop this nonsense

15. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    True, but it was caculated by Garcia. Haney manned up and fought at a complete disadvantage and it didn't work out. Kudos to Garcia for somehow making it work for himself, but he did pull the bait and switch on Haney.