Haney will win the rematch

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by 2pac, Apr 24, 2024.

1. boxingexpert733

boxingexpert733 Member Full Member

May 18, 2023
    one of them was a push maybe. not two of them. haney was holding on for dear life trying to stay on his feet.

Reinhardt likes this.
  2. Absolutely!

Absolutely! Fabulous, darling! Full Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Stop what nonsense? What are you talking about?

3. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Haney might beat him if Garcia fought him at 140 lbs, but that won't happen. Garcia proved that he can hurt him at any point in the fight though. The only other times they fought were with head gear i believe.

4. Absolutely!

Jul 8, 2010
    Yeh it was 100% calculated by Garcia. Very good mind games. Had me fooled and a lot of other people. But like you said Haney manned up and fought him regardless. That means he can't make any excuses afterwards. Anyway, the only advantage Garcia had on the night was he wasn't so horribly drained as Haney, but again that's on Haney for cutting so much weight to fight in a division he's not anywhere near being.

5. Absolutely!

Jul 8, 2010
    Haney's main problem was he overcommitted with his jab too much which put him in range of Garcia's counter left hook. If he put less mustard on the jab or mixed it up with feints more he could have Garcia missing all night. But once Garcia got that knock down it looked like it scrambled Haney's brains for the rest of the night (probably because of how drained he was).

I don't like Haney and his cheating punkish ways but I saw some things he did that night which with a bit of tweaking could change the outcome of a rematch. But as I said above, what's the point of a rematch if Haney is still the champ? It's a bit of a weird one innit?

6. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Garcia used this fight as a cheating stepping stone. He won't go back down. If Garcia or Haney win a title at 147 lbs, maybe they can fight again up the road.

Reinhardt likes this.
  7. ellerbe

ellerbe VIP Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    what are you insinuating?

m.s. likes this.
  8. Jacques81

Jacques81 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 13, 2016
    That Haney, bigger than Hagler was could barely take shots from featherweights, then nearly got KOd by someone who trained on clubbing and beers, and still manages to have fans for some reason

MidniteProwler likes this.
  9. ellerbe

ellerbe VIP Member Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    What’s that reason?

10. Jacques81

Jacques81 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 13, 2016
    I'm scratching my head. I just have no clue Elbz.

11. Wasteman

Wasteman Certified Wasteman Full Member

Jul 17, 2018
    You're tripping dude.

12. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    I don't see how it's possible you can Haney winning 8 rounds its baffling to me, Garcia landed more punches overall and doubled Haney in power punches landed.

The only fighter who landed all the significant punches and did damage aswell as scoring the knockdowns was Garcia.

I'm not saying Haney didn't win his fair share of rounds but mathematically I don't see how its plausible you can have Haney winning the fight.

Even a draw for me would be a stretch and you'd have to give Haney the benefit of the doubt in every close round.

I myself had it 113-110 and I gave Garcia a 10-7 round in one of the knockdown rounds as I felt it was such a dominant round for Garcia.

13. Mrboogie23

Mrboogie23 what the?? Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    It's not out of the realm of possibility that Haney wins a rematch but I highly doubt it. Taking that kind of beating can have an affect on a fighter. Garcia really whipped him.

14. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Right, if they fight again it'll be at 147. If I was Haney's trainer he'd move immediately to welterweight. I believe it's almost impossible to be physically strong draining your body down that much , and I thought Haney looked weak. One things certain, Haney has a lot to prove now .

m.s. likes this.
  15. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    It’s possible but don’t know if it’s probable because while Haney may be more talented skills wise his IQ went astray in this fight and Garcia is a really good fighter himself who I don’t think was in the best shape hence fighting in spurts.

Reinhardt likes this.