Harder chin: Hagler or Eubank?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Bokaj, Dec 25, 2015.

1. rossco666

rossco666 Guest

Meh

2. BEATDOWNZ

BEATDOWNZ Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Chris started at MW and went up and traded bombs with a CW and never went out.

That's the definition of a great chin.

3. 2piece

2piece Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 14, 2014
    I think Eubank had a more proven chin considering he could survive with hard punching cruiser weights, also Calzaghe hit him with a bomb he got fell down stood back up and didn't even look like it really shook him.

4. BEATDOWNZ

Nov 30, 2014
    Not only did Joe rush him quickly, Chris was old by then.

5. Titan1

Titan1 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Hagler, no question.

6. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Hagler had the better chin, but I think Eubank was mentally tougher.

7. rossco666

rossco666 Guest

Of course it's the definition of a great chin. I just don't rate Carl Thompson. Eubanks chin has never been considered anything other than great. At middleweight Haglers had the more impressive beard . We won't really know who had the better chin out of Hagler and Eubank since Hags never stepped above middleweight. I honesty think Hagler and Chris would get starched by Mike Spinks though.

8. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    :lol::lol::lol:

9. turpinr

turpinr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Hagler overcame 2 premier league bangers in Hearns and Mugabi with Eubank going up against Benn twice but Hagler only went down once and that was from an illegal (or should have been) to the back of the head
    Hagler wins

10. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    He was up immediately and clearly not hurt.

Eubank was kocked down more times, but most of them were above MW and I think all of them mainly had to do with him being off balance. I can't remember seeing him genuinely hurt.

11. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Looking at it again, I just can't believe the punches Hagler walked through in rd 10 against Mugabi. That's what broke him, I think. There's nothing to so demoralizing for a puncher as hitting someone clean with your best shots and he just keeps coming.

12. rex11y

rex11y Active Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Lay off the L.S.D Son!

13. BEATDOWNZ

Nov 30, 2014
    At Middle, not above. Spinks would have stopped him.

Chris never got stopped by KO.

14. turnip

turnip Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Very true. Duran couldn't hit hard???

15. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Eubank had an epic chin, the fact a very hard one punch KO artist at cruiserweight like Thompson couldn't KO him and only stopped him due to an injury tells you what an amazing chin he had. Thompson could KO you with one punch at any point in a fight even when hurt as in the Rothmann fight but his best shot's were not enough to put Eubank down.

While Hagler's chin was never tested against bigger men like Eubank's the fact Hagler fought who he fought and took huge shots without even flinching suggests his chin was better. Hagler's chin is the standard that other chins are held to, Eubank's was granite, Hagler's was adamantium.