Hardest hitting Welterweight in history

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by The Wanderer, Jan 16, 2009.

1. OP_TheJawBreaker

OP_TheJawBreaker NOBODY hit like that guy! Full Member

Jun 23, 2021
    Green didn't saw the punch coming. He was fast a puncher who punched at angles that did not see it coming and also respectably have a good amount of power. Doesn't mean Leonard looks visually better he's a better puncher than Cotto. I trust quotes better than visualisation, it hold more truth becuz they feel the power of the punches (you can't do that by watching it on the screen). Ricardo Mayorga said Cotto hit him the hardest and he faced TRINIDAD. Mayorga if anything, is a humble a man. His best I've faced interview are filled with Dela Hoya, Mosley and Cotto. All those 3 guys kicked his *ss. Here are some quotes of Cotto's power:

BEST PUNCHER
    Miguel Cotto: I can still feel some of those punches he threw at me. Staying on the ropes is not the best place to be when you are fighting him. He’s also accurate. He’s incredible.

BEST PUNCHER

Miguel Cotto: Miguel was a consistently hard puncher. The guy hit me and I was actually asking myself if it was real. He broke my orbital bone in Round 2 and that’s damage you pick up in a car accident. Don’t believe all the bulls–t about an injury like that going numb either. The pain never goes away and it’s your adrenaline that carries you through.

BEST PUNCHER
    Miguel Cotto: He knew how to punch and when he hit me I felt he had the most power behind it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022