Hardest Puncher In Boxing History p4p - Julian Jackson

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Longhhorn71

Longhhorn71 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    which light heavyweight champs along with Jones did Jackson punched harder than also?

prime Bob Foster hit harder than Jackson at Lthvy because of his leverage. Prime Ezzard Charles before he killed a fighter hit very hard. Archie Moore when he want to could hit also (and these were the "modern" fighters).

2. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Oh that`s alright then.

3. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Do you feel they punched harder than Jones at ligght heavy? I feel Foster hit far harder than Jones. Do you think Charles would have hit harder than Jackson when he had his early fights at middle?

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  4. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    It`s the MW I`ve got a problem with and nobody aparrt from John Thomas would have known I was talking about your reply, I couldn`t even remember that it wa you that wrote the paragraph, nice one.

5. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    The second time?;)

6. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    I feel Jackson was more of a one punch KO artist than Foreman was in their respective weight classes.

7. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Maybe I expect more from people that participate in the sport.;)

8. TBI

TBI Active Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Jackson was indeed, if not the hardest puncher p4p, one of the top.

Jones was a half step behind Foster at LHW in terms,of power.

These great LHW punchers shouldn't be compared to Jackson in terms of pure power; they're 15lbs bigger at the very least, considering Jackson's best weight is 154...

Monster punchers, even the greatest ever, can't knock everyone out they fight. Especially if they fight top opponents.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  9. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    ;)

mark ant likes this.
  10. Frankus

Frankus Active Member Full Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Thomas Hearns is probably a better p4p puncher than Jackson.

11. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Jackson had different power than many guys who had power. Take Nigel Benn, who had more clubbing power with speed or Hearns sharp punches with speed and picking guys apart. But Jackson seemed to lull guys into feeling comfortable in a way I never saw. Almost hypnotic. It is almost like he saved his punch for the right time. He waited for that moment he could land the perfect punch and he would land it. The Norris fight was not a fluke. Who lands that clean a punch on Norris in round 2. I don't know if Jackson is the hardest puncher in history, but he is one of them. His knockouts were scary. Lights out. He should have been called Julian "lights out" Jackson.

12. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    In boxing especially since there are so many variables such as stylistic differences in eras, weight differences, etc, one should be very careful attaching absolutes to any statement.

mark ant and roughdiamond like this.
  13. AwardedSteak863

AwardedSteak863 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 16, 2018
    Have you ever wondered why you take so much flack from people on this forum?

"Haven't you noticed that opinion without knowledge is always a poor thing? At the best it is blind--isn't anyone who holds a true opinion without understanding like a blind man on the right road? Plato

14. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Equal at middle and 154 difference was Hearns could knock out light heavies when he put weight on.

15. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    I am a great listener and I am very logical, everything I say is dripping with logic, dripping! Fred Astaire/QUOTE