Hardest weight class to fight in?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by kimonerz, Jan 9, 2008.

1. kimonerz

kimonerz Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    What do you think the hardest weight class to fight in for amatuer?
    I personally think its 160-165.
    And how tough is 130?? Is 130 more speed or power?

2. amy

amy If you know what I mean Full Member

May 23, 2006
  3. welshwonder

welshwonder G.O.A.T Full Member

Nov 4, 2007
    do you mean the most competitive??

do u mean its at the stage where fighters can start getting serious power yet maintain their speed?

its hard 2 understand you need to elaborate

4. avk47

avk47 King Full Member

Feb 3, 2005
    69kg and 75kg are usually the most competitive. It's the average male size, plus people have to make weight so you seldom get fat, unfit guys in there. They all come to fight.

81kg in my opinion has the best balance, since they are big and can hit, but are still very fast.

91+ is the hardest literally. One punch can turn things around.

5. kimonerz

kimonerz Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007

Yes like most competitive, i guess. Something that makes you say like dam i wouldnt want to fight in that weight class. A weight class where you really need to be good because the competition is so high.

6. brixtonbeat

brixtonbeat Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2006
    anywhere from 160-170.

everyone is fit and cutting weight. its dirty

7. PedroDePacas

PedroDePacas Active Member Full Member

Jan 1, 2008
  8. stuey

stuey Never bet on England Full Member

Aug 13, 2004
    i fought at 81 - 91 in the national championships and ended up fighting ****ing monsters all the time.
    now i have had to stop, the ****ers go and introduce the 81 - 85 weight class:twisted: i would have ****ing owned that catagory:fire

9. Word2ThaFive

Word2ThaFive Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2007
    165 and 178

if ur a natural 172 pounder or so 165 is the weight from u, u can bring the size and power.

10. boxing4life

boxing4life Now or Never Full Member

Nov 26, 2006
    id say heavyweight and anything below 122
    now i say heavyweight because picture this, whatever you weigh now imagine being over 200 pounds and boxing! That would be freaking insane trying to box at a weight so heavy it would take a hell lot of hard hard hard work to be able to move around and be quick and throw punches at such a weight class

I say below 122 because I have noticed that the fighters around that weight range throw a **** load of punches and tire out less quickley which = more punches, more damage, constant movement.

11. Kolya

Kolya Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I would say 165, but that's where I box and that's also what I'm used to. For all that everyone says, Middleweight really is boxing's premier division-while they're not goliaths; they're all fit because they have to make weight; and you get guys ranging from 5'8 or 5'9 and 165 and stocky and heavily built, who try to get in close and unload, to guys like me, who are taller (I'm 6'4) and really heavily on footwork, skills, and technique to score points and win fights. 178 is another tough division, because you get big guys who can still be quick and strong. 201 and 201+ are tough largely because of how strong the guys are, one punch could turn anything around. But being a middleweight, a lot of heavyweights seem slow and sloppy partially because of how big and strong they are.

12. PedroDePacas

PedroDePacas Active Member Full Member

Jan 1, 2008
    Novice heavies in particular often get damn tired and sloppy in the latter part of a fight. But of course there are others who move quickly and well.

13. Executioner

Executioner Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2006
    interesting..

I fight at 165 and the majority of people here are saying that's the toughest because you have to make weight?:huh everyone has to make weight. I am a bit lost here

I would say heavyweight..no matter how big you are, someone is always bigger.

14. AK-47

AK-47 Shoot 'em up Full Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Id say heavyweight....Theres some big mother****in powerhouses out there

15. joekirkbycobra

joekirkbycobra King Of The Ring Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    thats hard to answer because it depends on a lot of things age, level , experience