Has Canelo ever defeated the #1 in any division without controversy?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Slyk, Sep 14, 2020.

1. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    You're confusing Brook with Vanes Martirosyan. GGG fought Brook well before Canelo was suspended for Clenbuterol. And by confusing the two situations you've avoided the point that GGG fought Brook after his fans barked at Canelo for fighting Khan earlier that year.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  2. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Why dont you go talk to your fellow Floyd/Clenelo worshipper PimpC he needs someone who is a dumb as he is following CHEATERS!!

Jackman65 likes this.
  3. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    You wanna talk about dumb - you thought GGG fought Brook after Canelo popped for Clen. Do you have any sense of time?

Ph33rknot likes this.
  4. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    You Floydettes & Clenelites are the poster boys for DUMB!! I'm old you say whats your excuse

iii and Jackman65 like this.
  5. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    You and your wacky nicknames. I never said you were old, I heard you were old but I've always refrained from attacking you in such a way. You claim to be a wise old man but yet you throw that all away when you continue to name call and carry on like a teenage schoolgirl.

I'm not gonna beat you over the head with you confusing GGG fighting Vanes with Kell Brook, but you lose the right to call anybody dumb when you can't even remember who GGG fought when the rematch with Canelo was cancelled.

6. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Senile CJ senile not just old

C.J. likes this.
  7. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Quit making stuff up. GGG never called out Brook. The only reason GGG fought Brook was the venue and the date was set, then the Eubanks were playing games. Then Eddie Hearn called up Brook, and Brook was all over it. I know you like to change things up to push your hateful agenda.

Quina74, C.J., iii and 1 other person like this.
  8. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    So you're telling me he woke up one day and found himself stuck in the ring with Brook?.

9. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    It was caused by a punch, the cut was bigger than his eye, I guess that was there before the fight.:risas3:

10. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    Absolutely, weren't you paying attention when this was going on? Both Brook and Eubank were promoted by Hearn, Brook was hungry for a fight, Brook had mentioned he would be willing to fight GGG within the last few months. The Eubank fight fell through because of games, so Hearn asked Brook, then GGG and his people agreed. It wasn't there first choice, but it would draw a large crowd so why not?

11. Scar

Jul 20, 2004
    So he was literally chained into this fight unwillingly. :lol: I'm hardly surprised you have peanuts in your head. Rather common for the average Golovkin fan. No buddy, he wanted that fight. No one forced him to take anything. It was a typical zero risk, good money and good exposure opportunity and he jumped on it as usual. You laughed at Alvarez for fighting Khan but roared on The Tomato Can Devourer in the SAME YEAR for fighting Brook.

IsaL likes this.
  12. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    Yeah Khan was a real risk. Canelo was talking tough after beating tiny Cotto then fought a guy who was getting KOED by lightweights and superlightweights. He was notorious for getting KOED. Your boy Canelo was pretending to be too small for Golovkin while out weighing Golovkin on fight night while campaigning as a 154lber. The problem was nobody was buying it, and Canelo and his fans were embarrassed, you being one of them. 16 months later your boy grew a pair after finding the right formula to bulk up, and if it wasn't for GGG looking vulnerable against Brook and Jacobs, Canelo would have never fought him. So artificially bulked up, with guaranteed results of no less than a draw Canelo finally fought him.He gave Golovkin two great fights and the judges did what they were paid to do.Make damn sure Canelo don't lose. Now after being once again the beneficiary of two controversial fights, his fans can walk around with their pathetic little chests puffed out.

Quina74 and C.J. like this.
  13. Scar

Jul 20, 2004
    Yet, Khan was nothing but a stay-active fight for Alvarez. Brook, on the other hand, was The Tomato Can Devourer's biggest fight at the time. :lol:

IsaL likes this.
  14. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Man is cunumunu boi

m.s. likes this.
  15. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Excellant post by a man knows what he's talking about

iii and m.s. like this.