Has Canelo ever defeated the #1 in any division without controversy?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Slyk, Sep 14, 2020.

1. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    :deal:

The only reason GGG will possibly even make it into the HoF is because of his draw and loss to Canelo.

GGG without Canelo would have been just a footnote in the MW division.

22JM and Scar like this.
  2. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    GGG wouldnt have ever fought Brook if Eubank had the balls to fight GGG He chickened out & Brook jumped at the opportunity to take his place & gave a damn good account of himself too
    Remember Canelo talked big after the Khan fight Offering to fight GGG @160 there & then ROFLMAO. We ALL know what happened when he was called on it Clenelo chickened out AGAIN!! I guesswhen hisPed's wore off he lost his macho image ROFLMAO

iii likes this.
  3. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Only because he was an undefeated welterweight champion that was rated #10 PFP at the time. Prior to his robbery draw and win over Golovkin,who did Canelo defeat that was in the top 10 PFP? Answer, nobody. Lara and Trout weren't, and both controversial, Mayweather and Cotto, Mayweather was 20 lbs lighter on fight night and #1 PFP but took Canelo to school. Cotto was a little guy that gave Canelo all he can handle, not rated in the top 10 PFP good win though. Other than Cotto and Kovalev, who has Canelo defeated that makes him so much more highly rated by you? Canelo beat Jacobs, a great achievement previously achieved by Golovkin. I guess it's the heroic going up in weight to fight Kovalev. I give Canelo credit for that. There really isn't that big of a difference , specially if you give the correct person the deserved wins. You are right about one thing Golovkin does crush his apponents, he has only had to go 12 rounds 4 times in 42 fights. He makes easy work of most his apponents, he crushes them like cans. They may not have been cans going in, but they were crushed cans coming out.

C.J. and Jackstraw like this.
  4. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    Would Canelo make the Hall of fame if the gift decisions didn't always go his way? Probably, but Golovkin will make it for tying Hopkins all time middleweight title defense record 20 defenses 18 by KO. The way a hater can take away from that is trying to discredit his quality of apponents. He is also famous world wide with or without Canelo. If Canelo didn't fight him he would have forever been hounded for avoiding the world famous KO artist. Canelo had to fight GGG to save face. Golovkin gave Canelo a chance to redeem him self after giving up his belt to avoid fighting GGG. GGG had Canelo by the short hairs not the other way around.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    Jackstraw and iii like this.
  5. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Bless! It must be fun to inhabit the cartoon universe in which many Caneloites grumpies appear to live.

C.J. likes this.
  6. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    He sure as hell did enough to force the shameless Tomato Can Devourer to launch the campaign of “I beg you, please give me a payday before I retire” on social media. Realistically, the Tomato Can Devourer doesn’t have not even ONE significant victory worth bragging about. All he did was call out smaller opponents for paydays and was roared on for it by his mentally ill fanbase.

22JM likes this.
  7. Scar

Jul 20, 2004
    Golovkin is hoping to make it to the HOF for beating Brook and Ouma. :qmeparto:

22JM likes this.
  8. Scar

Jul 20, 2004
    He wasn’t even relevant. This man’s entire career was based on taking zero risks and flexing on social media. Even his first step up(Alvarez) was a carefully selected naturally smaller opponent. It takes no brains to see through this farce. Just look at his fanbase and how they think, you can easily see that Golovkin’s promoters purposely targeted the mentally ill people on social media. They targeted people that don’t ask who he’s knocking out in his highlights.

IsaL likes this.
  9. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Hey Scar some one told me you used to be a mod here is that true ??
    if it is all we can do is thank the admins for getting rid of you & getting the good mods we have today. youre not intelligent enough

iii and Oddone like this.
  10. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    You are as predictable as the neighborhood dog that comes by to sh** on the lawn. I never expect anything worthwhile coming from you, always something foul and negative.Always barking nonsense.

11. Scar

Jul 20, 2004
    Reality is only nonsense to the simple minded. Golovkin’s entire career is stacked with hopeless bums. Even his first step up was against a naturally smaller opponent and he ended up with a draw and a loss. You can try to twist this reality as hard as you possibly can, it won’t change what is obvious.

12. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    The only twisting going on was the judging in the fights, as most normal people recognize. As I said before, you are very predictable. Nothing positive, everything negative. Oh, and get off the lawn.

iii likes this.
  13. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Canelo gave the #1 Middleweight the ass kicking of his life. And that's a fact jack. /topic

IsaL likes this.
  14. Scar

Jul 20, 2004
    The judges were as fair as possible. However, according to the twitter hype, no judges were needed in those fights. Golovkin had Heavyweight power and was going to spark Alvarez in 3 rounds tops. What happened there?.

IsaL likes this.
  15. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Lmfao, you forgot Rubio and Rolls

Scar likes this.