Has Canelo ever defeated the #1 in any division without controversy?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Slyk, Sep 14, 2020.

1. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    By you and your deranged small group only.

2. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Deranged people, like you, can’t accept reality. Now go watch highlights of the Tomato Can Devourer munching on handpicked hopeless fighters to calm yourself down.

22JM likes this.
  3. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Can you stick to one conclusion w/o trying to change it to fit your expanding narrative? :lol:

4. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Y'all are still on this thread geez bro GGG lost Lara lost and trout lost.... MOVE ON!!!

Scar and IsaL like this.
  5. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    GGG fans have been the biggest cry babies in boxing. I seriously think that most GGG fans are either infatuated with GGG, are new to boxing and don't know what a robbery really is, or are insecure beta males.

Scar, 22JM and shadow111 like this.
  6. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Where's the fun in that? Who's gonna keep you on your toes without me?

7. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    It's disingenuine, and basically lying to yourself for posting's sake. :facepalm:

8. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    No, boxing judging is subjective. You see it one way, I see it another. I've explained in detail about aspcts of scoring like quality of punches vs punch volume. You argue that you can't have your ass kicked unless you are being thoroughly dominated. GGG kept both matches close and won rounds by being more active than Canelo, but Canelo was landing the heavier punches round after round. GGG received an ass kicking because he received the more damaging blows round after round, with the exception of round 10 in the rematch where he landed the more damaging blows. But he showed heart to rally and stay in the fight by working behind the jab.

IsaL likes this.
  9. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    It was close....
    Canelo whupped him..

You change your own narrative... 'nuff said.

10. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    I'm not changing my narrative. I've said repeatedly that both matches were close. But the fact is that he got his ass kicked. You don't score a match based on facial damage which is why I said it was close, but the evidence of his face after both matches indicated that he was beat up. He head was bright red as a tomato he was wearing his girlfriends sunglasses to hide how swollen his eyes were. That's evidence of an ass kicking. In the rematch he refused to give a post fight interview in the ring. More evidence of an ass kicking.

You wouldn't deny that he was beat up worse in both Canelo matches than any other match in his career, would you? Who else landed more heavier punches on GGG than Canelo did? You know no one else hurt GGG more than Canelo did. GGG has a hell of a poker face, but he grimaced several times from body shots and looked like a beaten fighter after both matches. The first fight was less of an ass kicking for me because Canelo was outboxing him more. He still landed the heavier shots but he wasn't as aggressive. I call the rematch an ass kicking because it was a more aggressive attack from Canelo, it was a sustained come forward approach with power punches.

11. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Golovkin won them both, both extremely competitive, but things went the way deep pockets Oscar planned them and Canelo fans are very happy and some very arrogant, when they should be grateful. It is what it is.

C.J. likes this.
  12. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    Scoring aside, you can't deny the damage that GGG sustained in both bouts especially in the rematch. If you don't want to call it an ass kicking that's fine, but he was clearly beaten up.

13. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    GGG won both fights & got screwed EVERYONE knows that
    Everyone who understands boxing that is

14. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    Your hero got beat up by his conquerer Saul Canelo Alvarez.

15. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Do you mean that cowardly little peds basher El Pollo Rojo as the Mexican fight fans named him? ROFL When your own countrymen disown you its gotta hurt. He couldnt beat up an egg without his Peds