Has Canelo ever defeated the #1 in any division without controversy?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Slyk, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Only difference is, Matthew Hatton was an undercard fight and it wasn't considered anything special either. Golovkin's fight against a Welterweight was his biggest fight at the time and remains his biggest win. :qmeparto:

2. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    :lol: this says it all about Scared, the turdboy...

3. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Didn't brooks outweigh G in their fight

4. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    I agree...Specifically the second fight, Canelo stood in front, fought GGG’s fight, and beat him at his own game.

Scar and 22JM like this.
  5. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    It was for the vacant 154lbs WBC title. It was his most important fight to date at the time.

6. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    I think so. I remember Brook saying he walks around at 190lbs. He said he only had to come down to 160lbs instead of 147lbs. Alot of these guys are weight bully's Canelo would gain 18 to20 lbs over night. If GGG gained 20 lbs over night he would be entering the ring weighing 180lbs, but he doesnt, he comes in mostly at 170lbs. Canelo was a middleweight fighting in the jr middleweight division.

The Real Lance likes this.
  7. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    But he literally didn't because GGG boxed Clenelo's ears off on the back foot. GGG's back never once touched the ropes despite not being fleet of foot and Clenelo coming forward all night. GGG controlled him with the jab and hurt Clenelo multiple times in the fight.

The Real Lance and m.s. like this.
  8. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    What does GGG's back never once touching the ropes have to do with anything? GGG's back never touched the ropes because he doesn't know how to fight off the ropes. It's not part of his skillset and he never had been backed up like that before. Canelo was content staying in the pocket at center ring. GGG was in retreat, but he wouldn't go as far back as the ropes. What is that like some moral victory for you - that GGG's back never touched the ropes lol. He still got his ass kicked.

Wonderboi likes this.
  9. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Sanchez said if Canelo came forward they would knock him out.. Sanchez said Canelo wore running shoes in the first despite him fighting GGG off the ropes and having success.
    Golovkin backed off from Canelo because he didn't like the speed , counters and body shots. . He bottled it!

10. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Sanchez was just hyping the fight. They got robbed going forward, so the gameplan was to box off the back foot in the rematch. They thought that was what the judges wanted to see. Obviously it didn't matter — GGG's not getting the nod if Clenelo is standing at the end of the fight. They goaded Clenelo into fighting a come forward fight and GGG boxed his ass off as planned.

m.s. likes this.
  11. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    He got beat up going forward the first time, then he got beat up boxing off the backfoot. Canelo and his team out-smarted Sanchez and GGG both times. First by giving GGG a boxing lesson, and then by giving GGG a taste of the Mexican Style that he asked for lol.

GGG's "plan" to goad Canelo into fighting a come forward fight in the rematch backfired as Canelo gave him an ass whooping in the Style that GGG asked for lol. GGG ended up looking like a fool to the public for asking for a Mexican Style fight then refusing to fight in that style and getting his ass kicked in the process.

12. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010

13. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    If you were a ring side reporter you would have been the 3rd one with this perception.GGG didn't run around looking gassed like Canelo did in the first fight. GGG fought him in the pocket, in center ring. GGG was not slapped around like Canelo was in the first fight. I was more confident in the 2nd fight that GGG would get the decision after the fight, because the corruption had already been exposed with Adylide Bryde and the Clenbuterol scandal, but there is no limit to the corruption. The fight was super competitive, but i had GGG winning.

14. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Seven pages.

At some point, the guy just becomes to storied to deny. That level has been reached and breached.

15. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Spoken like a true noob. :facepalm: When you are pressing a fighter to move back, you want them on the ropes. It limits mobility and prevents full power punches because you no longer have the leverage or proper angle needed. Also stops one from properly squaring up. There, that's free. The rest is up tp you to eventually learn. Doubt you will when you only watch Canelo fight:eaea:

rorschach51 and Pakkuman like this.