Has Haye really had no coach for this fight?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Grooveongreg, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Has all this social media holiday style camp been for Bellew benefit or has he really been literally doing his own training and hanging out with celebs?

I know he is vastly confident and the clear favourite but 5 years out of any kind of form and this level of complacency is foolish if true.

I think he's been at it hard enough and then chilled out , outside of the camp.

He's been known to sneak of and party even back in the day at his peak

zulander likes this.
  2. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    I don't believe for a minute David hasn't had a coach overseeing his training in the USA before Shane got there.
    One thing I know about the McGuigans are they are totally professional and Shane has a reputation to look after he will be well aware what's happening in Miami

3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    There's not even much that McGuigan can teach Haye at this stage. Haye just needs to be in fight shape here, he doesn't need to strategise to beat Bellew.

4. Grooveongreg

Nov 16, 2013
    No but he needs a coach and decent sparring at least . 5 years away from any decent opponent. His timing and conditioning isn't going to be the best.

Bellew is riding the crest of a wave and in form. Prob not anywhere near enough to trouble Haye but complency can undo anyone, especially with the bigger guys

5. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    He is trolling. I thought that was obvious.

6. Grooveongreg

Nov 16, 2013
    Dunno with Haye he's that arrogant

7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    There's no reason why a seasoned experienced boxer necessarily needs a "coach".
    Haye should know what he needs to do to get in shape and prepare to beat Bellew.

8. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Pretty sure shane mcguigans number 2 in charge,s been out there in miami with him for a while before meeting up with mcguigan after the frampton fight i think it was.

9. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Haye could have Joe Gallagher in his corner and still beat bellew.

10. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Haye could turn up to the fight after five Jaegerbombs and five KFC family buckets with Susan Boyle in his corner and still win the fight.

Twentyman and Octolony shore like this.
  11. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Nah, he seems to be living out a Mayweatheresque type lifestyle / camp but I have no doubt he is working hard. He knows he can end Bellew so he may not have had the meticulous camp as if this was a title fight but he will be on point.