Has Lennox Lewis ever got off the canvas to win a fight?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Fracture10, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    I am not great at sex because I never got impotent and then got hard again and finished. These are the kinds of criteria old cigar smoking drunk men who've never won a fight with anything but a bag of pretzels come up with in backrooms and dive bars to judge the greatest fighters to ever walk the earth so that Dempsey can be greater.

Sinew likes this.
  2. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Lewis can NEVER be considered greater than Fury

miniq and Thunderstorm like this.
  3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    To be fair to Roy, and I do try not to be, he did manage to clamber up after getting dropped heavily and knocked senseless from a Tarver nothing shot. No steam on that shot whatsoever

If you pay close attention you'll notice he actually kissed the canvas, like literally kissed it with his lips, just before he clambered up. Sure he was wobbling like a newborn foal when he got up which many feel is very unmanly, pathetic even, but he did get up from that nothing shot and a lot of the Roy haters conveniently forget that

But look at this. Out cold on his back long before he hit the canvas from a shot that wouldn't even wobble a toddler. FFS :facepalm:

4. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Lennox had one glaring fault, he tended to fight at the level of his competition. He had no respect for Rahman plus was busy filming Oceans 11 with Clooney & Pitt Partying with them too no doubt.
    He was also late getting to S Africa for the fight & did not have time to acclimatize. He was just going through the motions , got distracted & got caught. His fault, kudos to Rahman his lucky punch KO'd Lennox BUT
    Look at the rematch Lennox whupped on Rahman & that KO couldn't have been more apt Rahman's head fitted exactly on the King crown logo on the canvas That was Karma !!
    Oliver McCall same thing .Lenno wasn't concentrating & Oliver lowered the Boom. The rematch was a tragedy Oliver should never have been in there
    When Lennox was in the 4 way deal with Bowe ,Holyfield & Ruddock I was ridiculed for saying Lennox would win it. Everyone was claiming Ruddock would win it easily. WRONG!!!!!
    Lennox DESTROYED Razor & in doing so made Bowe & Newman weasel out of the deal They knew Lennox had Bowe's number & even Eddie Futch said Bowe cannot beat Lewis
    I knew how hard Lennox trained for that fight with Ruddock
    When he was fighting an opponent they thought would beat him he came in I shape & ready. In that shape he was the best HW champ since Ali !!!

The Clan, Jackstraw, Finkel and 2 others like this.
  5. ShortRound

ShortRound Active Member banned Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    Akinwande caught Lewis with a shot to the side of the head which sent him to the canvas and he got up to win. Flash KD, wasn't scored.

When he got sent the the canvas with big flush right hand's he was unable to get up to win but it wasn't due to lack of heart.

6. AlwaysFirst

AlwaysFirst Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ^This 100%^
    Ppl that don’t see LL is Top 3 best HW ever don’t know boxing or a massive hater.

Jackstraw likes this.
  7. lone star

lone star Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2018
    So he has to rematch every fighter who gave him a tough fight? He wanted his title back and Mercer was someone he didn’t even have to fight on route to the WBC title. Give him credit for taking the fight at all. He doesn’t have to go 2-0 to prove anything against Mercer or anyone else.

C.J., hobby rider and AlwaysFirst like this.
  8. The Townsend

The Townsend Hi. Full Member

Mar 21, 2019
    I think he would struggle against Fury and Usyk... Also Wilder with a lucky punch but he would sure come back an adjust accordingly.

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  9. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    He didn't get dropped nearly enough to have done that, and got waved off early in one.
    Vitali never got dropped to win either, just because he never got dropped in the first place.

Heavyweights that went down a lot, like Fury, Wlad, Frazier and such, need to have a couple of such get of the floor wins to even be mentioned in history.

northpaw likes this.
  10. AdamT

AdamT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Lennox hate on here is amusing
    I can only assume it's younger fans who never seen him fight?

He was miles better than the bums now

11. Mickc

Mickc Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Because both Vitali and Mercer had reasonable grounds to have earned a rematch. Lewis got the win over Vitali due to a cut whilst behind on the score cards, Mercer deserved at least a draw if not the win (I had Mercer winning) but lost on a majority decision. It was a slugfest from start to finish and the decision was widely booed.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    Big Ukrainian likes this.
  12. fencik45

fencik45 Active Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    Lewis would have kept on fighting had Johnson beaten Vitali in their eliminator. Lewis easily could have lost that decision against Mercer and wanted nothing more to do with him. Lewis was a great fighter, but a bit risk adverse at times. He was business savvy though. A good example was changing his nationality to a country with a bigger population and far more boxing fans than the one he grew up and learned to box in.

13. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Isn't it hilarious that people think Lewis would lay waste to everyone now but also admit that prime Lewis was badly hurt by the slugger Briggs? Yes, Briggs who basically had no boxing skills, who was a punching bag who relied on landing a haymaker to win.

If Briggs can land big on Lewis, there's a VERY good chance Wilder would because Wilder is a lot faster and rangier.

ShortRound and Big Ukrainian like this.
  14. fencik45

fencik45 Active Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    Briggs was better than Wilder. He beat Mercer, Foreman, and a prime Liahkovich. Those three wins alone **** all over Wilders resume.

The Clan likes this.
  15. The Clan

The Clan Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Lewis is multiple levels above anyone fighting today, he’d absolutely destroy Fury, Usyk and Joshua while Wilder would never agree to fight him!

Some really deluded jockeys on this board who are desperate to find credibility for their favoured fighters

AlwaysFirst likes this.