Has Price said anything?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by UnleashtheFURY, Aug 12, 2015.

1. CzarChristoph

CzarChristoph Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Isn't Price a qualified plumber?

2. CzarChristoph

CzarChristoph Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Rumour has it Price might take a job as a tailor, he wears a cracking suit.

3. CaskAle

CaskAle Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2015
    His posture is dreadful, he needs to spend a year working on that before he fights again

4. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    At this stage Price's confidence would be on the floor and he'd be beaten before he goes in. First right hand Fury lands would back a scared Price up and that'd allow Tyson to tee off on that fragile mandible.

I say this as someone who finds Fury greatly amusing as a character but thinks his skills as a fighter are pretty poor.

5. DanielJFiasco

DanielJFiasco Active Member Full Member

Mar 9, 2011
    There have been some quotes from David since the loss.

He said he'd have to get good money to go back in there again. He was looking for £120 to unblock the toilet and £350 to sort out the leaking hot water tank.

6. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Lol

7. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Has Price even woken up yet from the KO?

8. murphman22

murphman22 Active Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Not to change the subject but an utterly ridiculous comment about Witter. This is a bloke who was undefeated but thrown to an undefeated world champion Zab Judah at a less than a week's notice and went 12. He then won 21 fights in a row winning 17 inside claiming British, Commonwealth, European and legitimate WBC world belt before running into an unheralded Tim Bradley on decision. By that time he was on the way down. Regardless of whether you think he would have beaten Hatton there can be no doubt that Warre* and Hatton conspired to duck him. A quick scout through Hatton's opponents prior to Tsyzu will confirm that. Don't think Bellew is really a good comparison so probably best your retract your comment and move on. I think it is a sad story because it shows boxing politics in its worst light. Witter was an excellent fighter and suffered because of his awkward style and lack of a massive fan base. He was dedicated and ducked no one and at his best he was slick switch hitter who could bang and take good fighters out. I think Hatton knew that all along....

9. Pro Punter

Pro Punter Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Mar 12, 2014
    He was overheard asking Audley for his opinion whether the glass chin could be put together.

Audley stated that he should remember that he beat the destined World Champion and never lose hope for reaching your true destiny.

Price is apparently off to Poland for 2 years to brush up his plumbing skills before making his comeback working in a Housing Estate in Manchester.

10. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Calm yourself down. Who compared Bellew to Witter as fighters? Styles wise they're very different and Witter as you say accomplished a lot more. I'm saying they're both big mouths and in my opinion deluded. Yes, he did take a fight against Judah at short notice but he also said a lot of rubbish in that week ahead of it. I don't think he would have beaten Hatton but that's a debate that's already been had a million times before.

More importantly, when on the way down and with absolutely nothing left to offer he continued to think of himself as above a lot of other fighters who he'd deride. This is when I disliked him the most. He would of had a bigger fanbase and career if he didn't come across as such a *****.

11. Metal Man

Metal Man Active Member Full Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Price has poor punch resistance and as a heavy its hard to navigate through the ranks with that weakness.Worse is that he knows it which adds to his lack of confidence.

I dont know why some are putting Fury in the same class as Price with the chin.Fury took big punches from Mcdermott in both fights.If he had a glass chin Mcdermott would have flattened him like he did with big Larry O who was also a rated prospect.Chisora caught him with big shots in their first fight and landed a good right in the rematch.Hammer also caught Fury with a big right which would probably have had Price in trouble.Another important factor with Fury is that when he's caught with a big shot or buzzed he fires back and seems to become more dangerous when hurt.****** noted this quality aboutFury.Benn and Calzaghe were known for these qualities.His chin is far from glass.