Has Ruiz played a blinder with his weight?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by smithshaun, Dec 6, 2019.

1. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    You can tell just by looking at ruiz when he speaks, his eyes ooze confidence and he just knows that he is going to go all out and obliterate Joshua.

I feel for AJ as he is going to get sparked out, and this time the world will be watching.

Right now I believe he should not have taken this fight so soon.

2. micker1

micker1 Member Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Well the weight wasn't playing a blinder. I wish I had put money on it. I just wasn't confident enough. It felt like watching a Khan fight. The power of Ruiz was going to be so devastating if he could catch Joshua.

3. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Buster Douglas 2.0

4. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    You are joking, right?

So gaining an extra STONE didn't affect Andy? He had slower feet than Canelo out there!

Joshua was always going to win with his game plan, but If Ruiz was a stone lighter...

5. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    But as predicted, over a stone of extra flab didn’t help, only hindered.

Ruiz can fight but had Joshua shown him that respect in the first place I don’t think it would have needed a rematch...

6. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    It did.

Not saying he would have won, but to come in that heavy when your opponent was dropping a ton of weight was always going to end badly for Andy.

Unforgiven likes this.
  7. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    You’d have to be an idiot I’m afraid to suggest Ruiz coming in as fat as he did was ‘playing a blinder.’ It was so, so obvious what had happened. The suggestions that he’d stuck a bowling ball under his hat. I don’t know what people were thinking but I can only assume it was built on a desperation to see Joshua lose.

The biggest impact his weight had became blindingly clear when with three or so rounds left and clearly miles behind this supposed lightning hands, hard hitting, quality engine fighter couldn’t even launch an attack lasting longer than a second or two. Bellew waffling away about ‘there’s a big twist left in this’ never happened because Ruiz didn’t have the energy. Awful preparation. Anyone talking about the new Buster Douglas was spot on.

ryanm8655 likes this.
  8. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Agree.

Though I still put money on the Ruiz KO :lol:

I don’t think people were desperate to see Joshua lose, just read too much into the asking for pictures with the belts in the first fight. Because Ruiz won it was labelled as some kind of genius mind game. Had he been flattened in the third round people would have said he only turned up for the pay day, he even asked for a picture with the belts because he knew he’d lose.

Personally disappointed with Ruiz. Clearly didn’t have the confidence people think. He’s just a lazy slob who’s a talented fighter and struck gold in that first fight and knew as much so didn’t put the effort in second time round. Let down the fans and basically turned up for the money.

Ultimately he’d have lost anyway but he’s an embarrassment for letting down the fans like that. And then having the audacity to ask for a third fight...he just got beaten up...wasn’t even close.

9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    You missed the full request - he challenged Anthony Fury-Klitschko to wear a giant white nappy and fight him in a Sumo Wrestling contest

10. itsa123

itsa123 New Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Ruiz did not turn up. And I’m ****ed off