Has Ted Cheeseman retired?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by anjawnaymiz, Mar 22, 2023.

1. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    He’s not fought since his loss to troy Williamson back in 2021.

would still give Josh Kelly a tough fight I think who beat Troy back in December on channel 5 pbk also hasn’t fought since.

2. Dave1311

Dave1311 New Member Full Member

Aug 28, 2022
    Think he had a lot of personal issues going on from what have heard

CutThroatFade likes this.
  3. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Good question

Always a great watch Ted, let's hope he hasn't fallen back in to gambling whilst being inactive

4. sniffmybadger

sniffmybadger Relationships are not my forte Full Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Didn't he have some crazy things going on in his personal life? He posted a crazy picture on social media of his back all stabbed up by his partner. It was all a bit weird not sure what happened.

DramaShow likes this.
  5. BoxingAddick

BoxingAddick Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2021
    He is local round my parts, he did open a bar but it seemed to close after a few months, got the feeling it was being used by a lot of hanger ons probably not paying for drinks.

He is still in great shape from what i can see and has been training on a local gym, would love to see him back of he gets himself sorted.

6. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Thanks for the info

I always enjoyed watching him fight. Thought he had a good style for the pro’s moved well and always let his hands go with punches in bunches

would be good to see him return

7. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    Guaranteed great fights but the amount of punishment he takes isn't going to be sustainable for anyone, so can see why he's had a long break/quietly retired.

8. iamthegreatest

iamthegreatest Well-Known Member banned Full Member

May 4, 2020
    It's a shame if he has. Lost a few close decisions. Always seemed to have alot of support, he's an exciting fighter and a good ticket seller.

9. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    He's got with a new girl now and although she looks like an absolute airhead and not to my taste he's definitely punching above his weight in the looks department and compared to his ex, I get the feeling he's going to jack it all in and focus on a life with her. He strikes me as th kind of lad that needs a steady job to keep him on the straight and narrow, boxing, with all the free time it gave him, didn't work out too well for him, didn't he blow all of the Garcia money before he'd even fought him and was going into that fight with mountains of debt?

10. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Cheeseman fought an amateur contest in June. It’s listed on BoxRec. Not sure what’s happening with him as of now, he didn’t even post about the amateur contest on his Instagram. Seems like he’s left Tony Sims.

I know BoxRec isn’t fully accurate but it states that the fight was at 141lbs. Cheeseman fought at 154lbs. A suggestion that Cheeseman was on PEDs to build muscle?

[url]https://boxrec.com/en/box-am/725959[/url]

11. BVA

BVA member banned Full Member

Dec 12, 2018
    LOL come on man, use your brains. That's clearly a mistake by boxrec. It says ''youth championships' and the event features loads of current pros like Pat Mccormack and Andrew Cain.

Boxrec have got the date wrong, it was in 2013!!

Sonny1, Wizbit1013, ALN93 and 3 others like this.
  12. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Terrible mistake from me there. Apologies.

BVA likes this.
  13. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs A cacophony of noise! Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Don't see a comeback happening here and that's definitely a good thing given the amount of damage he's taken

14. Virtanen

Virtanen New Member banned Full Member

Aug 29, 2023
    Thanks for letting me know never to take you seriously.

Sonny1 likes this.
  15. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013

Yes