Hasim Rahman considers MMA!!

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Charles White, Feb 26, 2009.

1. jc

jc Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 9, 2004
    I would of thought he would make more money getting beat up in boxing, getting twisted in knots for pennies is a stupid idea.

oldcanvasback likes this.
  2. Charles White

Charles White Chucker Full Member

Sep 13, 2008
  3. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    He 'll probably have better shot at MMA than he will in boxing right now.

4. Heavy-Weight

Heavy-Weight New Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Oh dear... it's far too late for him to be going into pro MMA!!!!!

5. J.R.

J.R. No Mames Guey Full Member

May 26, 2008
    Good riddance.

6. Punisher33

Punisher33 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Well, at least thats one place where his chin will be considered good. If a former WWE pro wrestler could become Heavyweight champ, I suppose anyone whose physically gifted as the Rock is, can do it.

7. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    I think Rock will do well at that crap. More power to him.

8. RonnieHornschuh

RonnieHornschuh ESB indie police Full Member

Mar 21, 2007
    not really, lesnar has a solid wrestling background, and he has a work ethic like an animal, therefor he is almost impossible to take down and he has a strength advantage over any other fighter. it would take years for rahman to get his wrestling/bjj to a good level and to avoid getting submitted by someone like mir.

9. FreshPrince89

FreshPrince89 Member Full Member

Nov 19, 2008
    lmao!! at Rahman
    i mean he's is gifted physically...but he's old now, his reflexes are slowing down and he would have to learn all that ground stuff...but hey i'd watch it and it might even be free

10. Punisher33

Punisher33 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I see your point, but coming into the MMA, Lesnar's only background was in College wrestling, something he hadn't competed in competitively in nearly 10 years before entering the UFC. Rahman would be in the same boat, he was a former Heavyweight champ who has been in and out of the top 10 for the last 8 years. Rahman is also extremely athletic, competing in several sports in his highschool career, doing well in both Basketball and Football.

11. MAG1965

MAG1965 VIP Member banned

Dec 1, 2008
    Bad idea. He just lost a title fight. No big deal. Stay in boxing and beat lower ranked guys. MMA never works out well for boxers.

12. 2ironmt

2ironmt Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    He can't be serious and he should get rid of the people advising him to consider MMA. Rock's stamina is horrible even while boxing c/c plus level guys like tauras sykes. How would he deal with 5 minute rounds of action where you don't get the chance to hug and rest and lean on guys. even bad grapplers could easily tire him out. rock also is sloppy and slovenly with his punches recently so he may not even have too much advantages against any mma in shape fighter w some boxing background. rock would have to get himself in really good shape to fight anyone other than tank abbot and if he's gonna do that, why not box where he can better hide his flaws?

13. Williams27

Williams27 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 18, 2008
    I dont like his chances in MMA.

14. FINITO

FINITO Boxing Junkie banned

Jan 29, 2009
    I hope he fights a killer and gets hurt. **** Rahman.