Hatton 2 more fights to become a legend!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chief_Second, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Chief_Second

Chief_Second Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 12, 2007
    can't name many boxers who have destroyed tsyzu and castillo, can you?

there's a lot of jeolousy resent from him on this forum, but this is aimed by the vast minority who are gutted that their man lost on saturday!!!

hatton is very fit, hard working and has the potential to defeat mayweather, mosely and cotto.

In my view he's 2 good wins away from being a HOF'er, like it or not!

2. Taffyy

Taffyy Active Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2006
    I think "legend" may be getting a bit carried away but if he beat Cotto in the next fight or two who can take anything away from him then............???........This next year & the choice of opponents in it could cement Hattons place in history............we will see.....

3. Mook

Mook Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Mayweather and Cotto might be enough. I think he'd need to be around another couple of years on top of that, most of the top guys have longevity on their side. Take Lennox Lewis, for example. Many question his resume - I don't, though can understand the argument - but he was around at the top for years.

But, hell, I hope that's how Hatton would be viewed.

4. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    hatton is not an all time great, if he beats cotto and margarito/mosley in his next 2 fights he will be up there.

5. The Mad Hatton

The Mad Hatton US Hatton Fan Since 2001 Full Member

May 12, 2007
    Win loss record, as well as major and minor titles aside, Hatton has beaten Tszyu, who was the man at 140, a top 10 p4p, and a future hall of famer, and Castillo, who was a former top 10 p4p, and a possible future hall of famer.

I'm not an expert on Hall of Fame credentials, but if Hatton beats the undefeated current #1 p4p, man at welterweight, and future hall of famer Floyd Mayweather, and the undefeated and hottest fighter at welterweight, Miguel Cotto, I would think he would have a shot at getting in.

6. SugarRay

SugarRay Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2006
    If he can beat fighters like Dela Hoya, Mosley, Mayweather, Cotto and still be at the top until he is 35...then for sure.

7. Relentless

Mar 5, 2006
    tszyu and castillo are just 2 fighters out of the 43 he beat, he wasted too much of his time with the stupid wbu belt and fighting domestic contenders.

8. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Aren't you exagerrating his win over Castillo. It was pretty expected. Yes he did win impressively but to throw him up in ATG is an exageration.

Right now Hatton barely inches into top10 p4p in my opinion.

I mean Hatton's win over KT was KT's last fight before retirement and Castillo is probably gonna retire as well.

If he can do what he did to Castillo against someone like say Paulie Malignaggi right now, I would throw him in the top 6

The problem is that looking at the fighters at 140 you can tell the division is pretty shallow right now, so his legacy will have to be built over time if he wants to stay at that weight

9. Relentless

Mar 5, 2006
    exactly,

at the time of the tszyu fight hatton was the underdog, people were expecting kostya to blow him out but hatton proved them wrong.

but this fight castillo was the underdog, majority of the fans were saying ricky will ko him or tko him late, this fight was expected.

10. David UK

David UK Boxing Addict banned

Feb 6, 2007
    Agreed. he had eight(I think) pointless fights before the Zoo fight. You can blame Fwank Warren for that. He was ready for Zoo and beyond in 2003

11. The Mad Hatton

May 12, 2007
    Oh I agree. Hatton first appeared on American tv in 2001, but didn't get a title shot until 2005. Had he moved his camp to America, he would have became a star much sooner IMO. Now he has the opportunity to build a solid legacy. I doubt he'll be around at 35, as he's stated he wants to stick around two or three more years. With the talent available, he could get a lot done in that amount of time.

12. David UK

David UK Boxing Addict banned

Feb 6, 2007
    Without actually going back and counting, I reckon the 'final predications' thread favoured Hatton about 60/40. So favourite, yes, but not overwhelmingly so

13. Relentless

Mar 5, 2006
    i dont remember a final predictions thread but the thread i remember was something like 75/25

14. The Mad Hatton

May 12, 2007
    fightnews's poll had Castillo favored as the victor. Vegas odds makers favored Hatton.

15. Relentless

Mar 5, 2006
    hatton was the betting favorite, and the esb favorite.