Hatton 2 more fights to become a legend!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chief_Second, Jun 25, 2007.

1. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    If he beat Mayweather and then retired undefeated, he is sure as hell retires with a better resume than Willie Pep.

2. bill poster

bill poster Guest

I think Hatton has a chance of beating Cotto at 144 catchweight
    And I see him taking a shock points win over PBF

If he succeeds in beating two physically bigger unbeaten champions then he becomes the top brit fighter of all time IMO

Hatton please stay off the junk food

3. PH|LLA

PH|LLA Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Whats important is that the manner in which he beat Castillo was very impressive and a feat that probably few other fighters could have accomplished. Still, a legacy is built brick by brick, and though Hatton does have 43 fights, until his fight with ben Tackie, his opposition was very meaningless. I would say most fighters today fight a fight like that in about their 20th fight.

4. deram

deram Active Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2004
    If Hatton becomes a legend I predict it will have more to do with the fact that he is one of few Northern Euros that are actually small enough to compete in the traditionally mexican (or latino) dominated divisions. Mexicans REALLY like their boxing and good fighters quickly become great by way of beating this or that fairy tale "beast". The mexicans are story tellers.

Hatton happens to be in that division.

If he was in SMW or LHW and had the same style and skillset, he would still be good, but he would not win many rounds against the big two from SMW nor Dawson and he would have his hands very full with Bute and Mundine.

5. BoppaZoo

BoppaZoo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 21, 2007
    all i will say to this thread is that.

Hattons wins best wins are

Vince Phillips by UD12 (Vince aged 40 years old)

Ben Tackie by UD12 (Ben 30 years old and comming off 2 loses)

Ray Oliveira by KO 10 (Ray 36 years old and his 2nd last fight ever)

Kostya Tszyu by RTD 11 ( Kostya 35 years old and in his last fight after 3 rounds in 2 years)

Carlos Muassa by KO 9 ( Carlos 34 years old and in his 2nd last fight ever)

Lius Collazo by UD 12 ( Lius in his prime but Hatton got a gift decision)

Juan Urango by UD 12 ( Juan in his prime but Hatton won in the ugliest fight of the year)

Jose Castillo by KO 4 ( Jose 33 years old but looked like a done fighter, with 64 fights including some wars)

so what is your oppinion on Ricky Hatton.

i know what mine is in all those qaulity wins 2 wins have been over prime guys and in both fights Hatton looked shocking.

i quess some would class that as being a legend although me im not convinced at all.
    i will be if he faces a Prime Judah or Cotto or PBF.

6. Matthew W

Matthew W Member Full Member

Nov 26, 2005
    This is a fairly big if. He will probably retire at 31/32 though, he has had a lot of hard fights.

7. hahahax

hahahax Member Full Member

Jan 21, 2006
  8. hahahax

hahahax Member Full Member

Jan 21, 2006
  9. China_hand_Joe

Sep 21, 2006
    You can do the same as that to any fighters record.

10. BoppaZoo

BoppaZoo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Yes i know but most legends dont have there 2 best wins over guys that are about to retire.

like Tszyu and i think you will see Castillo retire now also.

PBF has wins over prime Castillo and Corrales aswell as Judah.

Hatton has prime wins over Collazo and Urango.

its a bit different getting wins over guys in there Prime.

like ive said before i dont think Tszyu's wins over Bramble,Chavez and Lieja count. but i think his Prime wins over Judah Mitchell Gonzalez Hurtado Urkal are some of his best wins. why all those guys were in there prime.

its like Tarver would he have stood a chance against a 2000 type Roy Jones Jr. and that the only important win Tarver has is a win over a old Jones.

do we sit back and call Tarver a legend

HELL NO
    so why should Ricky get to be a legend.

11. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    Hatton's fan club already thinks he's a legend. If he's really interested in making a name for himself among those of us who are not on his nuts, how about two good wins against two fighters who are also at or near their primes, and possibly look impressive in the process.

12. China_hand_Joe

Sep 21, 2006
    Do we even know how faded Castillo is? That body shot would likely have stopped him in his prime too. And a 35 year old Tszyu is hardly a joke.

13. SugarRay

SugarRay Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Yeah. I guess part of being a legend is longevity. Just wanted to see how he does when he is past his prime.