Hatton at 154. What would u say...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Expert, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Expert

Expert Member Full Member

Mar 12, 2007
    about him if he beats Sergeii Dzinziruk for the WBO Light Middleweight Title, or Travis Simms for the WBA Light Middleweight Title.

What would you say about him if he does something like that?

2. SevenSamurai

SevenSamurai 3 year ESB vet. Full Member

Aug 18, 2005
    He is not suited to moving up in weight. By his own admission, he is short and small and the extra weight is just a hindrance to his own conditioning. I have no desire to see him move to 154.

3. Expert

Mar 12, 2007
    but in case he did and in case he beat, say, Sergeii Dzinziruk for the WBO Light Middleweight Title, what would you say about Hatton then?

4. Expert

Mar 12, 2007
    If Hatton became a Light Middleweight Champion I would say WOW

(the same thing I would say if De La Hoya became a Heavyweight Champion)

5. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    He wont move up. Billy Graham didint want him at 147, Hatton didnt want to go to 147... he's a 140lb fighter and can dominate that division for the next 3 years before retiring a wealthy man and HOF er. One of his main attributes is his immense strength at the weight, why give it up?

6. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    The 147 excuse was crap but moving a stone I would believe would be too much for him.

7. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Travis Simms likely defeats any 154 pounder, probably could defeat most MW's also.

Hatton gets taken out in 3 rounds by Simms. If Hatton beat Simms, P4P #1, because there is not a 147 or 154 that I'd logically pick over Travis Simms, including Mosely, Cotto, Hoya, Floyd and the rest.

8. NOrth

Oct 10, 2006
    I dont think it was crap as his whole training reigieme had been based on a fight at 140, then last min he had to change his diet and plan to accomodate the extra 7lbs. was it 4 or 5 weeks notice he got of the weight change? usually the change is known a good 12 weeks (if not longer) before. he also fought a very competant fighter in collazo. I'd like to see Luis in with some other top 147 ers. Mosley did a number on him, but he could be a real tests for other fighters at the weight.

9. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    You really that impressed with him? I've onlyseen him once and thought he was pretty good. I'll have to watch more any recommendations?

10. Charles187

Charles187 Active Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2007
    This is even justified as Collazo's next fight is up at 154.

11. Smith

Smith Monzon-like Full Member

Mar 8, 2007
    He would never beat Travis Simms!!!!! 99% of the boxers at '47 and '54 couldnt beat Travis Simms, have you seen the guy fight mate?

12. Smith

Smith Monzon-like Full Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Im in total Agreement. 7th July the world will see who's top dog

13. NOrth

Oct 10, 2006
    Isnt he a former champ at 154 too ? Dont see the point in his next fight, somehow Sharba Mitchell is fighting in an eliminator at 154 against collazo for the IBF (I think) title!! how mitchell deserves that si beyind me.

As for Travis Simms, he's good, but I dont think he's the best 154lber. I remember him winning the title with that punch on the break (or not as the ref ruled it).
    Aside PBF and DLH, and assuming Mosley aint at the weight I dont think there are any stand out 154lbers.

14. Charles187

Charles187 Active Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2007
    I agree Mitchell doesnt deserve it but luis does - I was at his fight with Mosley and hes someone I really like. Had us in stitches dancing away to Shanes music as he was coming in!

15. NOrth

Oct 10, 2006
    IMO Luis doesn't either. Coming off a loss, yet gets a title eliminator at a weight higher?? Good luck to him though, I'd bet a pound to a penny he beats mitchell up all night long.