Hatton at 154. What would u say...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Expert, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Charles187

Charles187 Active Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2007
    I wouldn't detract anything from any fight that lost to mosley. Collazo ran Hatton close and did not duck mosley when he could have easily said there was not enough time to prepare and no-one would have thought any less of him. For this alone Im glad to see him get another shot.

2. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    I didnt say I wasnt glad, neither do I want to take anything away from his performance with Mosley (although he didnt come in at late notice). I just dont think a fighter coming off a loss necesserilly "deserves" a title shot, or an eliminator at his own weight, let alone at the next weight up. Mind you, nothing in boxing makes sense anymore.

3. Charles187

Charles187 Active Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Very true! It wasnt late notice but he wasnt first choice and he didnt get the normal amount of time you might expect - think about 6 weeks.

4. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Hatton is at his best at 140-147. 154 is too much weight for Hatton.

5. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    No he isnt. He is the best 140lber in the world. But to say he's better than Mosley, Cotto, margarito, williams (we dont know quite how goos he is but we'll find out against marga) is questionable, i'd favour the oppo 60-40 in those fights (more with Mosley who I think would have his number stylistically). In my opinion fights against Clottey, Quintana, Judah, Baldomir are no more than 60-40 ni rickys favour.