Hatton can't fight at W/W

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by robpalmer135, Dec 9, 2007.

1. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    Billy Grahams interview summed it all up, he can;t fight at Welter, he has a big decision because he can make 3 times more money looseing at W/W or maybe win at Light Welter.

2. Claypole

Claypole Boxing Addict banned

Aug 4, 2007
    This was always the biggest factor for me. At 140 Ricky is any fighter's worst nightmare. At 147 he is simply a bit of a handful. Against Mayweather he was a bit of a handful for while.
    Ricky only fought at this weight because it was PBF he was facing. The writing was on the wall after the Collazo fight, yet he clearly wasn't going to turn the chance down.
    Any weaknesses at the weight were going to be magnified by Mayweather. He never had the strength or stamina to make his style work, and his own punches lacked any snap.
    If Hatton carries on at light welter he will have no shortage of opponents lining up to face him. A fight with Witter looks to be a real possibility, at last.

3. steelem

steelem Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    couldnt agree with u more on this 1

4. bumdujour

bumdujour Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2007
    if you take out the "at welterweight" part, you are totally right:rofl

5. bumdujour

bumdujour Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2007
    whatever gets you through the day:rofl :rofl

6. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks James 'Lights Out' Toney Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    :lol: what?

all this weight debate is bull****. so he loses it all going up 7lbs? bollocks, it's because he's fighting getter guys.
    Plus, he was probably heavier than PBF come fight time anyway. PBF moved up from what division again.
    Hatton got exposed as a limited figher...he is NOT p4p material and never has been.

7. PrideOfWales

PrideOfWales Winston Zedmore Full Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Come on lads... Hatton would have lost to Mayweather at any weight or time of Ricky's choice. That's just the top and bottom of it.

Floyd was just exceptional and is on a different level to Hatton unfortunately.

8. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    the excuses keep rolling in

I can guarantee all of you delusionists, that at 140 Mayweather still wins and KTFO Hatton

9. doddster

doddster New Member Full Member

May 18, 2007
    not just on a different level to hatton but a different level to everyone pound for pound.i also thought floyd gave a couple of mediocre performances before this but man did he bring his A game yesterday.after cotto beat mosley i gave him a chance to beat floyd but i now think he would have no chance.too good it sickens me to say but he is!

10. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007

:nono Joe Calzaghe is on the same level p4p as floyd..there is then a gap admittedly

11. PrideOfWales

PrideOfWales Winston Zedmore Full Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Floyd de$erve$ to be ranked above Joe right now.

12. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Graham sure wasn't saying this before the fight. He was saying Floyd wasn't a natural Welter so It didn't matter.

Terrible excuses.

13. Ric Zenbach

Ric Zenbach New Member Full Member

Dec 7, 2007
    I hope WW stands for "world wide" because before this fight he was a local fighter who beat a bunch of nobodys. He left the UK like what, 3 times I think. He beat over the hill Tszyu and the Brits think he is great? He just needs to go back to where he belongs, beating up out matched club fighters.

14. steelem

steelem Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Rick firstly did you take that picture of yourself with an 80s camera - hatton may well have left the uk 3 times but look at mayweather & hopkins !!! how many times they have left?

15. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Its absolute tosh.If the big names were at 140 the result would be the dam same.All you Hatton fan boys do is make excuse after excuse.You really think measley pounds makes that much of a diffrence? Hatton looked like a stud at the weigh in.Everyone gloated about how strong he is and his leg press and shoulder press bla bla but it made no dam diffrence.Weight isnt the issue here its his style.His skillset and style are simply not good enough to beat the best welters out there and of story.