Hatton is too good for Boxing!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBooze, Oct 13, 2007.

1. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    I caught his Parkinson interview...

Very classy; an honest, nice, straight foward man; seemingly without a cynical bone in his body; what is he doing in boxing?:think

2. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    He ain't a man of the people though.

3. TBooze

Oct 22, 2006
    No, far too cliche Northern to be liked by us Southerners generally;)

4. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    He's the steriotypical Northener.

5. The taff

The taff Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2005
    He's a top bloke, and i'm from the south.

6. TBooze

Oct 22, 2006
    He spun me well tonight then;)

7. Mark55

Mark55 Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Find it hard to believe anyone would critisice Ricky, I've never come across a superstar in ANY sport that keeps his feet on the ground as much as Ricky, still one of the lads in the pub like he's always been.

He's a genuine nice guy and in boxing there's never been anybody quite like him.

Get real everyone.

8. mattress

mattress Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I think you've been reading too much Freud.

9. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    I like Ricky as a person and a Fighter but its the same in every interview. "Im just a lad from the council estate, used to fight in wokring mens clubs, was happy when i won a british title let alone world at different weights"

i havent seen the parky interview but i can guarentee he says this stuff!

Its his big thing to disguise his impressive but padded record. He hasn't thought anybody that wasnt over the hill!

10. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    :rofl

Its not often I ROFL, but that quote of yours my friend deserved one:lol:

Just to explain Mark55, Rickys "Im one of the lads" quote is the stuff of comic legend in these parts:good

11. mattress

Apr 8, 2007
    Why do so many Jocks hate him so passionately? Is it the sombrero incident?

12. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    Oh dear.:patsch

Im the ONLY jock that hates Hatton. The rest of them love him, sadly enough.

Now I would just LOVE it if all my fellow scots hated him like I do:D

But get with the programme fella, Im not the voice of Scotland on here. The threads are there to prove it. The jocks love Ricky, its only me that doesnt. You Out Sucka doesnt think too much of him either, but he still wants Ricky to beat Floyd.

In other words, this is the only Jock who hates Hatton as far as I know. However if you know anymore Hatton hating 'jocks', please point me in their direction ASAP;)

13. mattress

Apr 8, 2007
  14. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks James 'Lights Out' Toney Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    It always amazes me how easily people get taken in by the Hatton charade.
    He talks about himself in the 3rd person...now how many men in the street do you hear doing that?. he has a massively padded record and is every bit as guilty of hyping up overmatched opponents as Macarinelli is. For example he said Castillo was on of the p4p all time greats before they fought. Most of Wicky's fan base are too ignorant to know any better.
    He says the same shite over and over again 'just one of the lads', 'love a game of darts in the dog and duck', etc. and it is tiresome and false now. His continued ducking of Witter and varying excuses have gotten embarrasing to those knowledgeable about the fight game.

15. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    But he DOES still go down to his local pub all the time. He DID take all his mates from the darts team on holiday after the Tsyzu fight and he IS fighting PBF the best P4P fighter in the world.

I don't ask anyone to like him but his supposed arrogance by third person talk is always when discussing boxing, anyone and everyone I know who has actually met him has found him to be a very nice guy and the way he lives his life is not how I would be living mine if I was wealthy, but it pretty much proves he is as he says he is.

Same area, same friends, a minute from his parents house, still goes on **** holidays to Tenerife with his same group of mates and married with a kid rather than living the high life as a young, rich celeb.