Hatton/Mayweather - Calzaghe/Kessler. November - Same card.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Leeroy, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Leeroy

Leeroy Do it Do it Full Member

Mar 14, 2007
    If Hatton could ever tie up the 'loose ends' with Warren(Not that I expect him to)can you imagine a card billed;Hatton vs Mayweather and then Calzaghe vs Kessler......

It would be THEE biggest card in the history of boxing,both in the states,AND in Europe!

I don't know if you could stage it at a venue capable of holding that many people - the gate would be filled,the atmosphere electric,and the PPV/Television audience record-breaking.

2. SteveO

SteveO MSW Full Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Hold it at Wembley, maybe?

3. Leeroy

Mar 14, 2007
    It's not logical because both parties are capable of pulling big numbers - but if you think about the possibilities,not only would it be a super-fight - but an EVENT.

You don't get events in boxing anymore - those days are lost with Mike Tyson,and the Las Vegas days.

4. Leeroy

Mar 14, 2007
    Wembley would be the ideal location.

5. Mrboogie23

Mrboogie23 what the?? Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    those two fights would make it well worth the PPV price. I dont know anyone that wouldnt be watching to be honest.

6. Leeroy

Mar 14, 2007
    It's good to dream isn't it?

Kessler alone would pull his own Danish fans,and then Calzaghe/Hatton being home-town boys.........Massive audience.

The Americans' would tune in because of Mayweather - a 24/7 show,identical,maybe with a little twist,like HBO had with DLH/Mayweather would promote this fight perfectly in the states.

7. Leeroy

Mar 14, 2007
    Like I said - it's good to dream:lol:

8. ChuckYoungblood

ChuckYoungblood Active Member Full Member

Jun 28, 2007
    The thought made me smile - that would truly be something - and really great for the sport. It's a nice dream, but nah..

9. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Would NEVER happen. A promoter knows each as a main event sells out. Both don't even need a good undercard. That's the way business is unfortunately. Calzaghe-Kessler will thankfully have all the Welsh fighters on it. Thankfully guys like Pryce, Maccranelli etc are quite good.

10. Leeroy

Mar 14, 2007
    The perfect marketing strategy,on Warren's behalf would have Kessler/Calzaghe FIRST,and then Mayweather/Hatton as the main-event - This way you would have the American audience viewing Kessler/Calzaghe - experiencing some British boxing/atmosphere.(Would really open some mainstream American fight fan's eyes up)

11. Leeroy

Mar 14, 2007
    Agreed.

12. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I think the Brits are the best crowd in the world with Puerto Ricans and Mexicans coming in second and third.

13. IrnBruMan

IrnBruMan Obsessed with Boxing banned

Apr 8, 2006
    AWESOME card, but can't see it happening...these 2 fights will take place separately to each other...damn shame too

14. SteveO

SteveO MSW Full Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Its sad hearing that literally billions of people watched Ali-Foreman and Ali-Frazier III, and only a shade over 2 million bought the Mayweather-ODLH fight. If boxing was the way it should be, 200 million would have seen that fight. For free. On ABC.

15. Proud Warrior

Proud Warrior Well-Known Member banned

Nov 28, 2005
    In the ideal world it would but its the middle of summer in the UK now and it has not stopped ****ing raining for the last three weeks,lol. In november at wembely in the winter,never! Mayweathers little stump wold drop of in the cold and NO NO NO like ive heard in other posts Wembley DOSE NOT HAVE A ROOF.....! Cardiff millenium stadium on the other hand dose.