Hatton to get $10,000,000 new 3 fight HBO deal if he beats Castillo

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Dunky McCafferty, Jun 17, 2007.

1. jc

jc Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Lets just ask ourselves, when was the last time Scotland had a fighter on the level of a Ricky Hatton...?:D

Anyway back to the subject, if HBO have offered that kind of money, then they obviously have some reason to beleive that he is worth that kind of money. They dont throw money away!

2. victorhugo4222

victorhugo4222 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Scott Harrison was def on the level of Hatton he was just daft enough to stick with Warren and co and thats why he never got any top fights. Only thing hatton had over harrison was the sense to ditch Warren!!!

3. ron u.k.

ron u.k. Boxing Addict banned

Feb 14, 2006
    cue dunky!

4. jc

Sep 9, 2004
    :blood Do the Scots really beleive this?

Hatton won the linear title with Warren...

Also hattons pre world title record (or his Warren record if you like:D )equals that of Scot Harrisons reign as champ.

Harrison didnt show anything that would suggest he would belongs on anybodys top p4p list. And these top fights you are talking about, i guess you mean Barrera, Morales and Marquez?..a i cant see Scott winning a round against those guys.

5. victorhugo4222

May 29, 2007
    Yeah and you can see hatton taking a round off Cotto, Mayweather or De La Hoya??? I hardly think so. hatton is fighting a Castillo whos past his best which was evident in his last fight. hatton is nowhere near as good a fighter as all yous english like to make him out to be. If he ever did set foot in thr ring with any of the top fighters which i doubt very much he wouldnt last the distance he would get KTFO before the 8th.

6. victorhugo4222

May 29, 2007
    And im pretty sure my mate Dunky would back me up on that 1!!!

7. jc

Sep 9, 2004
    Doesnt really matter if dunky does, he thought Ricky Burns and kevin Anderson were going to win world titles...:roll:

Facts are facts, you gotta go back to what Buchannen? until you get a fighter who comes close to ricky hatton. English hating can only get you so far, Hatton is top draw and has proved it.

Tszyu was top 5 p4p by most peoples standards when he lost to Hatton and was a big favourite going in. You assume castillo to be shot (another question when was there last a Scottish fighter in a match which is on the same world level as hatton-Castillo?!) but he is also top 15 p4p by most people. there is also only one fighter at 140 that people would rather hatton face and thats Witter, who would also be shot if hatton were to win...

8. hitman_hatton1

hitman_hatton1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    rubbish.

harrison was losing to an old medina for gods sake.

hatton is top notch and proven it.

harrison never was. :nono

9. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Harrison was a good fighter , a very good fighter at his best but he does have a loss to Manuel Medina and I felt was a little lucky to get the draw with Victor Polo .

Now both of those guys are good fighters(you could say Medina still is) but I couldn't see Hatton losing to someone of their quality at his weight .

Of course Dunky will back you up Harrison is( possibly was now) his hero and Dunky would probably fancy prime Harrison over Guzman(I know this for sure) , Pacquiao , Barrera , Morales and Marquez in their primes or at least have them 50/50 .

10. Club Fighter

Club Fighter Boxing Addict banned

Oct 12, 2005
    What's with all these "uk views" that you guys are quoting. How many people that are willing to watch him across the pond doesn't mean squat in the States and this HBO deal is a Stateside deal. Stateside . . . he's a nobody, a club fighter, a hoax, an ESPN Friday Night Fighter at best. Here his career amounts to nothing more than a trivia question: Name the bum that beat Kostya Tszyu. That's it. His competition is marginal at best and he hardly beats the B fighters. Not to mention he reminds us of one of our most loathed fighters of all-time, John Ruiz.

You Brits need to realize that not everything that glitters is gold. So what you might consider an excellent bout in the UK is merely an ordinary one in the land of the free. But i don't blame you because one adapts to and grows accustomed to what one sees. Since you're fed a constant diet of inadequate fighting, you begin to enjoy it. But we've got choices here in the States. We can watch an inadequate fighter if we choose (Gatti) or we can choose to watch an excellent fighter (Mayweather) if we wish. I find it most unfortunate that you aren't afforded that opportunity.

11. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    But you will never be able to watch Calzaghe live in America. That is soul destroying for you and other yankie boxing fans, even if you refuse to admit it.

12. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    Victor my man, never try to have a serious debate with Hatton fans. They are the worst. You mention a scottish fighter? They will come back & tell you the scot is ****, Hatton is ****in amazing, end of story.

In fact, hatton fans are the most nasty to scottish fighters. Dont ask me why, but thats the case. I should know, cos I have been in about a million arguments with them, & they just spout the same old stuff. You see, in their minds Hatton has achieved the lot, hes a legend. & if anyone dares question Hattons achievements or motives? You get what you are seeing in this thread.

"Hatton is fantastic, harrison & the rest of you dumb jocks are ****" & great posts like that. Its par for the course with Hatton fans, so you have to question them more softly than most people, cos they are a fragile bunch who cant stand anything negative being said about their hero or they go on the attack & are childish as ****:deal Its a reflex mechanism I believe, cos most are footy fans with limited boxing knowledge & thats how they roll.

So never talk to a Hatton fan like a normal boxing fan Victor my man, cos they are a different breed:good

13. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    Yeah, Harrison was my hero, but there was no need for you to try to make me look like some deranged imbecile with the rest of your post.

Dunky not happy:nono

14. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    I can sympathise to an extent Dunky.

I am made out to be a deranged imbecile too, despite being consistantly proven right by the puglistic exploits of Joe Calzaghe. Which is somewhat satisfying.

It is time you became a Calzaghe fan Dunky and bring your enthusiasm with you. You will not regret it.

15. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    My apologies , maybe this will cheer you up .

Wayne McCullough is one of my heroes yet Harrison not only accomplished more in his career but he also beat him .

Don't get me wrong , prime Harrison was a very good fighter(and very different from the one dimensional guy we saw at the end of his career) and in his prime would of had a good chance against Guzman that we have now(when was prime Guzman ???) but the other guys for me are on a different level , they are the true elite where as Harrison was A class .

I think I remember you giving Harrison a good shot at beating Pacquiao and this was after the Hussein fight , where it was evident Scott had seen better days . Now obviously that was biased but I suppose when you're talking about a fellow country and your favourite fighter than can easily happen .

Now , 10 million...........not bad going for Mr.Hatton ;)