Hatton versus Witter

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by UndisputedUK, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Being dul because he's not reckless though doesn't justify Hatton not fighting him.

Hatton was saying Witter had to win a world title even before Hatton was a world class fighter.

2. Tony Harrison

Tony Harrison Active Member Full Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Indeed he became viable the moment he won the WBC title, unavoidable infact. This fight should happen.

3. "TKO"

"TKO" Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2007
    IMHO, if you want the right to start demanding fights, you have to bring something the other guy wants. Witter brings nothing to the table for Hatton. I wouldn't mind seeing these two fight, but there are other options available i.e. Malignaggi (who clowned the same Ndou that Witter struggled with), Mbaye or even Cotto. I think Witter is destined to go the way of Johnny Nelson, i.e. president of the who needs him club. That may change if he beats Harris convincingly.

4. jc

jc Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Im a bit bored of this fight tbh...

I would prefer Hatton to fight the Witter-Harris winner than Paulie M basically coz the winner of that fight would DESERVE the shot.

Not really bothered though, I dont think this fight would capture the imagination of the British public anymore than any other Hatton fight. I used to be bothered, but I would also like to see Hatton try anf fry the bigger fish. (Maliggiaggiagi or what ever isnt a bigger fish imo! :bart )