Hatton victory good for Kostya

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by gold_gloves, Jun 23, 2007.

1. gold_gloves

gold_gloves Member Full Member

May 5, 2006
    Hatton KOin Castillo in 4 with a body shot is good for kostya as it help him greatly with his legacy i believe. If Hatton can go on and get another decent name and even somehow pulled out a victory over Cotto the 11th round TKO of Kostya including the low blow in Manchester would suddenly look very very respectible...

opinions?

2. Kegsy

Kegsy Lights Out Full Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Cotto IMO would destroy Hatton.
    Castillo is a pretty shot fighter IMO. He had been in so many wars & over 60 pro fights.
    Look at his last fight against fringe contender Ngoudjo.
    Most people thought he lost.

3. gold_gloves

May 5, 2006
    I didnt say by anymeans that hatton would beat cotto i just said say he did it would look good for Kostya...

I know Castillo was pretty shot, but in all honest it would of looked shocking for Kostya had a "shot" castillo beaten Hatton...

4. Kegsy

Kegsy Lights Out Full Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Yeah in that case it looked good for Kostya.
    Great bodyshot by Hatton tho.:good

5. gold_gloves

May 5, 2006
    I actually hope Hatton end up getting better and better and becoming something that i currently dont think he is...like his good, but there is alot of fighters that could do a job on him...

and yes, agreed, great body shot by Hatton.

6. waynesmale

waynesmale TEAM LONEWOLF Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    fact is mate would KT still like the idea that he lost? i doubt it somehow and no fighter should really think that way that well i did better than Castillo i hope KT still say "I should and would beat this guy next time" to me thats what he would still think because if he comes back thats the way he would need to focus on a fight.

7. doddster

doddster New Member Full Member

May 18, 2007
    hatton will never get the respect he deserves unless he fights and destroys pbf,thats the truth.i watched the fight today and i agree castillo did not look great but is that because hatton dominated him in every aspect of the fight including his speed.i cant remember a fighter who gets in so close slips to his left and executes a vicious left rip like he does.i was so impressed with hatton,it will take someone pretty special to beat him when he brings his A game.

8. MSTR

MSTR More Speed Than Roy!!!!! Full Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Kostya was beaten by his own lack of intelligence. Just like against phillips. He has the ability to box, but he wants to prove to himself that he has the better heart, power and conditioning which isn't always the case.

If Kostya had of fought a smart fight he would have beaten Ricky Hatton.

Regardless, the castillo win doesn't mean anything more to KT's career. Neither would Hatton beating Cotto. Every fighter is different. Hatton has already established himself as a very credible opponent.

9. IrnBruMan

IrnBruMan Obsessed with Boxing banned

Apr 8, 2006
    Amen to that mate - look at how much the PBF nuthuggers talked up PBF's win over Gatti, and look at the same nuthuggers now claiming Castillo is a shot fighter :-(

10. EelsRule

EelsRule Active Member Full Member

May 16, 2006
    Floyd would beat Hatton the same way he beat Gatti. He would unload on his face. It would end in 5 rounds.

11. ashley

ashley Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Its Hatton VS Floyd or Oscar next...dont you think?

12. ipswich express

ipswich express Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    If you seriously believe that Gatti (especially the Gatti that fought Floyd) is on the same skill level as Hatton, you are deluded.

13. MSTR

MSTR More Speed Than Roy!!!!! Full Member

Feb 19, 2005
    :deal

We had someone the other day comparing Kostya Tszyu to Gatti in the general forum. Seriously some people in the general are absolutely tripping balls, especially when it comes to floyd mayweather. Mayweather is good, but I don't think he is unbeatable. I think there are quite a few guys who would have a good chance at beating him.

Even though his resume is better, his dominance has not been on the same level as Roys was in his prime. The major difference is that Mayweather has had better opponents to fight, where as Roy reigned in a division that for the most part was devoid of p4p talent.

14. tills9191

tills9191 Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2007
    GOLD GLOVES, I have to agree with what you said, if Hatton goes on to build an invincible record,I'm sure KT's boxing career wouldn't be viewed in the same way.
    I'm surprised at how many damn threads were posted on the general forum on castillo/hatton, its non stop...
    And for you guys who have watched Hatton spar, you'll find- as part of his training- hes always leaping in on those uppercuts and hooks to the body with his trainer wearing the big pad on his stomach, so it's obviously something that he really focuses on in his training.
    I just really wished Castillo had won! I'm not a fan of Hatton at all, I was really disapointed at the result, and I can't help but think that Castillo was a bit over the hill, but maybe I'm wrong, I mean, was his conditioning or age got to do with it, I'm sure he's taken a lot of big body punches in his long career.

15. doddster

doddster New Member Full Member

May 18, 2007
    i went back and had a look at the hatton/castillo forums from a couple of weeks onwards and almost no-one were saying castillo was over the hill.fast forward to this morning,now hes washed up.it must be so frustrating for elite fighters to not get due recognition.oscar supposedly wants hatton next it wouldnt be a career defining fight[but **** loads of $] for him as delahoya has lost 3 out of his last 5 and is at the end of his career.hatton better fight pretty boy soon imo, as you want to beat mayweather in his prime or be up for ridicule.