Hatton vs Mayweather - fans cut the excuses

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by pablogad, Jun 29, 2007.

1. pablogad

pablogad Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2005
    We've all read the steady torrent of posts, some pro Hatton some pro Mayweather.

I just want to put this into perspective.

1. Hatton ridiculed Mayweather after his demolition of Castillo, and rightly so Mayweather took offence.

2. Mayweather said he would fight Hatton to presumably get his respect.

3. Hatton and his trainer have always contended that he could beat Mayweather, after he had a few more fights - well we're a few more fights down the road.

4. Mayweather has always contended that Hatton wasn't in his league and therefore, to quote, "would be easy work!"

Now if you agree with the above points, then I think it would be fair to say that these guys need to make this fight happen soon and in the process select the best options that make this a sensible business move for both parties. The hype machine has already started!! This is a fight that both ardent and non boxing fans want to see.

Simply put, fight wherever both parties receive maximum pay.

Now, please please please -there really is no scope for any more excuses or BS threads on this subject.

2. nulty

nulty Guest

I agree. But I honestly don't think Floyd would travel he never has and whilst I believe he could handle a hostile crowd over here I'm not sure he's convinced. But the bottom line is UK attendance figures lined up with a late start for US PPV money is the best business option.

3. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    I don't agree with 1)....Hatton just called a spade and spade.

4. EpsilonAxis

EpsilonAxis HNIC Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    The winner of this fight will get MAD respect from me. I already view them both as extremely elite fighters.

5. fidds

fidds Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Well said

Nice to see some one give both these fighters the respect they deserve :good

6. djb2009

djb2009 Member Full Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Hatton takes Gayweathers 0

7. Guru_Too_You

Guru_Too_You ESB OG circa '99 Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Maybe if its the WWE rules their fighting under.

8. King Dan

King Dan Golovkin Full Member

Feb 24, 2005
    I am American, but I'd root for Hatton.

Mayweather would probably win but this is a stylistically similar fight to Leonard - Duran, except Floyd doesn't war like Sugar Ray did.

I think it would be competitive but in the end, Mayweather will be too slick for Ricky.

9. kg0208

kg0208 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 8, 2005
    He didn't call a spade a spade. If Hatton had said that he had more excitement in those 4 rounds then PBF's last few fights, then sure. His whole career? Sorry, but PBF has had more exciting fights than the Hatton-Castillo fight.

Hatton is more of an action fighter thought. But PBF has had some exciting fights.

10. lefthook31

lefthook31 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jul 6, 2007
    I like this fight. I dont think its a cake walk for Mayweather either. Hatton is doing something right, and he can take a decent punch and has a punch output that Mayweather has never seen. I think the fight would be similar to the first Mayweather Castillo fight, close.

11. sdsfinest22

sdsfinest22 Pound 4 Pound Full Member

Apr 19, 2007
    you said floyd never traveled....he went to atlantic city and made a full of gatti...floyd by ko against hatton in 10...hatton would get outboxed and kod while trying to come straight forward

12. rochsolloch

rochsolloch stephen chinnock Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    i see hatton chasing shadows all night and eating that lightning jab all night too.
    if hatton thinks hell just lie on floyd and swing away hes mad!
    the styles are all wrong for hatton and dont be kidded his team know hed be badly outclassed,the hatton camp called floyds bluff and now their in the **** ,hatton should fight floyd in his last fight for a going away payday not now when theres other big fights out there that hatton could win.it doesnt make sense.

13. audio101

audio101 Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2005
    Not really, his holding halts the action over and over again. I don't see why people say he's an exciting fighter, his last 3 fights haven't been exciting.:huh

14. Sheehan

Sheehan Guest

as great as mayweather is, the only time i have been exited by his fight's are when he seems to be in trouble...ie. first castillo fight, whenever dela hoya had him on the ropes, a few rounds rounds against corley, I must say hatton has shown strong dominating performances against elite opposition which personally has been more exiting to me, mayweather just seems to be happy to do just enough to win a fight.

15. igotJUIC3

igotJUIC3 Boxing Junkie banned

Jun 28, 2007
    EXACTLY......he initiates 90% of the holds in the matches he is in.