Have you ever attended a UFC event live? Was it worth it? Where were you seated?

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by iloverachel, Dec 27, 2020.

1. iloverachel

iloverachel Member banned Full Member

Jun 12, 2020
    This content is protected

I have never been to a UFC event live, but I have watched events at packed bars where the fights show and I talked to a lot of other MMA fans. I wonder what its like to watch UFC in flesh and see the fighters and stadium in person.

Anyone attended a fight live? Who fought? How much did it cost? Good atmosphere?

2. Samart'sTeep

Samart'sTeep Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2019
    I've never been to a UFC event, but I do go to one pro mma card that Chael Sonnen was headlining back when I was in high school. I think one of my wrestling coaches gave a teammate some tickets and we went together. This was right before he went to the WEC and then after to the UFC where he went on that run all the way to the Anderson Silva fight. He finished the guy in the first round with ground and pound and looked pretty impressive. The atmosphere was cool, but the level of mma besides Chael was regional/local level, so it was just decent.

The fight was in a ring so, it was pretty fan friendly to watch. I've been to a few friends' armature mma fights that were in a cage, and it was definitely harder to see the action, especially on the ground. Then again, we were on ground level, not in upper seats looking down. I imagine the best seats in a UFC probably wouldn't be cage side, but would be a few levels up where you're close enough to get a good look but up high enough to be able to look down into it instead of being obstructed by the cage a bit. Maybe someone else can speak on that, though.

I think going to a UFC would be worth it if we were living in a sane world where our currency actually maintained its value. Or if you were fortunate enough to be very wealthy. Otherwise, the expense is so high that I just can't imagine that it's worth it when we very well might be worried about affording far more important things like food and such in the near future. It still would have been cool to go see one, though. Imagine having seen the McGregor vs Mendes/Lawler vs MacDonald card. Or the GSP vs Bisping card. Would have been pretty cool.

iloverachel likes this.