yeah i remember when barrett called him out. haye and the brits here said Barrett was a nobody and not worth their time. all of a sudden when he's faced with the proposition of facing a real top 10 hw (chambers), barrett is a good choice. What happened David?
I just read on the main Eastside boxng page that Chambers is fighting someone else called Livin Castillo. http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=17318&more=1 I was aware that there was talks of Chambers and Haye fighting but i didnt know there was a deal, what actually happened?? Because i agree that would of been a good fight.
David Haye doesn't pick his fights. Haye didn't even know the fight with Kevin Johnson was off until someone in the press told him. You'd think being represented by Golden Boy, they'd be in better shape to get Haye a fight. Proof positive that ties to Oscar aren't always enough.
I read Booth makes the final call. it was either Chambers or Barrett from the report. Chambers' camp said they accepted a deal with Haye and were ready for the Nov 15 date and would forego the Oct. fight alrady scheduled. So based on that, it's pretty clear Booth went with Barrett instead. Barrett is ok i guess but chambers is a far better hw. hands down.
Come on. Haye was called out by almost all top HW's over a month ago. He had plenty of time to get a fight together. Only NOW, after Haye delayed and delayed picking an opponent, he is running into scheduling and availability problems. Based on the total joke this has been so far, dont be surprised if Monte wont happen and Haye"s HW debut gets delayed
Exactly Golden Boy is what is so shocking about this whole situation. They really seem to have there heads in the sand on this....or up there asses