Haye - Bellew II press conference

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ryanm8655, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Momus

Momus Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    I think a lot of us were guilty of that first time round. It may well have been a meaningless contrived match-up between two certified gobshites, but the build up was entertaining and the fight was dramatic. The rematch should deliver more of the same.

I'm really looking forward to it, and won't bother pretending otherwise. Neither is likely to be a major factor afterwards at either cruiserweight or heavyweight, but not every fight has to have global significance. In many ways it's a bit of a throwback in that it's a domestic grudge fight without window dressing where both just want to beat the other guy up.

2. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    This content is protected

Big Bomber !

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  3. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    I am more excited about this one than Joshua vs Parker

4. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Don' disagree he went into fight with an Injury but jumping forward in lunges and throwing power punches puts more strain on achillis than good short pieces of footwork. Not only his last fight but in his two short fights coming back from his long lay off it was clear his footwork was not the same.

5. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Haye does not care whether he wins or not, he just wants a final payday.

6. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    I think Haye knows he is done regardless of whether he wins or not, one of his main assets was speed but now he is 37, time waits for no man

zulander likes this.
  7. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Correct speed and timing has gone. Just left with a decent dig now.
    Haye will be hoping for a win any kind of win and then he can try and talk himself into a fight with a belt holder that's Haye's aim now. Prizefight and the Prize is money.

To be honest, even if he wins in devastating fashion I can't see Joshua taking him on does he generate enough to sell tickets anymore?? Wilder might fancy it if he gets past Ortiz. Haye and Wilder have spard before and it was rock em sock em robots, this version of Haye is past it but Wilder doesn't care about things like that - that could be an option.

A close win for Haye probably generates more cash for both guys to be honest. Then they can both call time after doing pretty well £ wise in the last few fights.

8. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    As long as Tony gets home safe to his wife and kids that’s all that matters.

9. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    All Haye has to do in this fight is come in light and injury free and he'll catch bellew no problem

it'll be 1-1 and they'll be happy to have a 3rd fight and both call it a day

sjp17 likes this.
  10. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Of course Haye sells...otherwise how on earth would he be ppv fighting Bellew...that’s not a slight at Bellew but if he was fighting any other British heavyweight it wouldn’t be ppv...(excluding AJ who is ppv whoever he fights).