Haye calling out fury after carrying his mate for 8x2…

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ryanm8655, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Cookiedough

Cookiedough Active Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2020
    I didn’t watch any of the card. It’s an absolute farce. Haye knows how it works and has got people talking. Fair play to him. As for the boxing, I can’t believe there is all that money to be shared about when these cards are put together. There’s an audience for it somewhere. I am not adverse to watching a fight, but some of these ‘exhibitions’ are taking the ****.

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  2. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Ignore the self loving sponge he’s poison to the game. A fraud………it’s all about him whatever he does it seems and begrudges the others who just did a better job in earning £million than he did. Bellew did us all a huge favour those two nights..

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    It’s clearly a money laundering operation. Same goes with MTK who seemingly pay large purses to average fighters for cards streamed on YouTube. Haymon has done it for years stateside.

Although Triller do take it to another level.

Wizbit1013 and Glenn McKrory like this.
  4. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I even have doubts he carried his mate. His ego is too big, I think in his physical state he wasn't even capable of knocking that bloke out. If he went for the KO his leg might've given out or his shoulder pop out.

bbjc likes this.
  5. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    From the highlights I’ve seen of the fight Haye never once threw a punch with any intention. If that Fournier is as rich as they say (and I really can’t see it - no way he’s a ‘billionaire’), he’ll have paid Haye to take it easy, let him escape with some credit for going the distance and allow Haye have a try of getting another fight.

If Haye wants a “big fight”, calling out Fury isnt the way to go as there’s no way it happens unless he beats someone else first. If Haye is serious, he should call out Chisora, they could sell it as another grudge match after their split, and if Haye wins he’ll probably pinch another fight.

Edit: He wouldn’t win though, Del Boy would hammer him.

joe91 and sjp17 like this.
  6. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    All he threw were jabs. It was a glorified sparring session. As much of a dick as Haye is, I don’t think he’s the type to take liberties. Unlike Belfort who celebrated like he hadn’t beat a 58 year old man who struggle getting in the ring.

CutThroatFade and Wizbit1013 like this.
  7. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Agree with this. He knows his injuries could give out plus if he did start throwing the haymakers people would see he cant even throw them properly anymore with the injuries. Bodies absolutely done.

MidniteProwler and Wizbit1013 like this.