Haye ready for Klitschko Londoner eyes world title showdown Last updated: 17th September 2008 This content is protected Haye: Ready for actionI had a conversation with Shelly Finkel (Klitschko's American manager) and he told me that they will accept the fight with David Haye.David Haye insists he is ready to fight world champion Wladimir Klitschko sooner rather than later despite being a novice in the heavyweight division. Haye, the undisputed cruiserweight champion, is determined to make his mark on the heavyweights - but so far has found willing opponents hard to come by. Having knocked out the usually durable Pole Tomasz Bonin in his only fight in the division, Haye seems to have become the man to avoid. JD Chapman was lined up to be Haye's next opponent on November 15, however the American, unbeaten in 29 fights with 26 quick victories, failed to show for the fight announcement. However, Haye's disappointment will be eased by news that Klitschko's American manager Shelly Finkel has hinted strongly that the Londoner is a possible opponent for the WBO and IBF champion. Klitschko is due to defend his belts against mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin later this year, however Haye could be next up. Whenever Richard Schaefer, the chief executive of Golden Boy Promotions who are closely allied to Haye's new Hayemaker Promotions, revealed: "I had a conversation with Shelly Finkel and he told me that they will accept the fight with David Haye." And the 27-year-old Haye insists he will fight Klitschko whenever and wherever. "I'd do it whenever," he said. "I'm not too fussed about when that fight is. "In an ideal world it looks great to have a couple of warm-up fights and then get the big one. "It helps generate the hype surrounding the fight and the longer it takes to happen, the bigger the fight will be. "It also gives the American public chance to see me in action first but if the fight can only happen in the early part of next year then so be it. I'll be ready for it."
He is right,he cleaned up the HW division and Wlad must stop ducking him.He almost fought:Tony Thompson,Monte Barrett,JD Chapman,Kevin Johnson and now Ray Mercer.He is definetely ready for Wlad
Still think it would be wise to have like 3 fights at least before Wlad, but hey if the fight happens, it happens. Everyone here can argue all they want, but it will be the biggest fight at HW that has happened in years over here in the UK. Not sure about the rest of the world, but sure it will create a few sports headlines all over. Thats if it happens of course, looking forward to seeing Hayes condition on Nov 15th.
Am i the only person on here that is sick all his talk? I mean this guy is worse than Naseem. At least he fought!
Don't mess with the Hayemaker,he will unleash his godly power on you and trash talk you to Alaska.10 months of Haye trash talk and you go crazy
Totally agree with you there, but have to point out that he did say he would only fight once more this year after the Enzo fight, 6 months to rest and build up slowly and then a fight. But yea he has talked alot in between, but i guess it has worked to some degree, there's always a new post about Haye virtually everyday.
Others have to fight for title shot, Haye is looking for a shortcut and is trying to talk his way to a title shot. Very lame.
Haye is all ****en talk right now. I bet the dumbass gets ****en injured again next week and next week another thread will come out about how he is ready for Klitschko.
haye v wlad will be the biggest fight of 2009 with haye bringing that world title back to british shores(or cyprus).