Haye vs Bellew?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by S.K, Feb 18, 2017.

What are the odds of Haye winning?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2017.
  1. 100% - it's nailed on

17 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. 90% - almost certainly, bar injury

24 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. 80% - Bellew has a punchers chance

10 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. 70% - maybe Haye hasn't trained hard enough

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. 60% - we don't know what Haye has left

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    The general consensus by pretty much everyone is that Haye will win this fight.

I was curious as to how much of a favourite everyone thinks Haye is.

I've been tempted for a while to lump big on Haye, as personally I can't envisage anyway Bellew can win. And the odds are pretty good in my opinion. 1-5 isn't a huge favourite odds wise. To put his into perspective GGG vs Canelo is 1-4 for GGG to win. This implies that Canelo has the same chance as Bellew to win, which of course isn't true.

I've not given 50% as an option as no sane person would have this as a 50/50 fight or Bellew favourite.

Cheers

2. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    93% for Haye

The 7% is a freakish injury or some Bellew punch that lands due to Haye not concentrating or being overly confident, and that he capitalises on early.

3. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    I believe I posted in another thread, that the last time I looked the odds on Haye by KO/TKO rounds 1 to 3 are 5/2 and 1 to 4 are 13/8. That is generous in my eyes.

It is not a case of if, only when.

4. Daydorail

Daydorail Member Full Member

Aug 14, 2015
    1/5 isnt big odds on? basically the bookies say hes a 83% favourite.
    I genuinely don't see how Bellew wins this. Yes he has power but its not ridiculous and people like Ajisafe and Mckenzie have been 12 with him. Also been Ko'd at LHW plus stuggled to beat Nathan Cleverly at Cruiser. Haye should be able to beat him 100/100 IMO i think 1/5 is stealing money. 20% interest on ya money is far better than what banks offer :D

Haye been inactive but jeez hed of had to lose an arm n leg to be second fav Vs Bellew (dont hate Bellew either befoere anyone says)

5. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    Exactly how I feel.

When I first looked at the odds I was expecting to see something like 1-15.

The poster above makes a great shout for Haye to KO Bellew in rounds 1-3 at 5/2 is huge odds!

6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Is there even any real evidence that Bellew is a massive puncher at CW? Let alone HW?

Makabu had been KO'd in the first round before. And apart from that he hasn't KO'd anybody elite. Flores was low blowed to begin with and he's crap anyway.

This is now at HW and Haye has taken flush shots from Wlad and Chisora (bigger puncher than Bellew at least surely).

And then the other pathetic argument is that if the fight goes long, Haye will gas and Bellew will win. Ludicrous, totally baseless argument. Bellew has proven that he has a 12 round engine at CW. But at HW when he's in with a man far heavier and stronger and those heavy body shots coming in? Doubt it. I can't see a way Haye loses this.

goku23, DirtyOldTown and S.K like this.
  7. thornpipe

thornpipe Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2016
    I don't think haye will come in much heavier than bellew in this fight 5-10lbs max

8. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    The bomber gets bombed out in two
    Haye will make him look worse than that fraud aud

9. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    When the fight was announced I cringed at how much of a mis match it was. But the closer it's got I can't help but wonder what if (big if) Bellew can survive past 6 rounds. Haye hasn't fought in so so long it's not beyond the realms of possibility he will gas badly. A boxing ring is a terrible place to be when tired no matter who you're in with.

CutThroat called this a pathetic argument and I know what he's saying about the bigger man will wear Bellew out but you never know. As Thornpipe and Haye himself has said Haye will come in a lot lighter than usual so it may not be such a factor for Bellew.

That said I do think Haye will win inside 5.

10. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Haye via brutal Ko. It's the most nailed on certainty of any british ppv ever. (Excluding all of aj vs plumber knockover jobs)

S.K likes this.
  11. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    I don't see Bellew being competitive at all. He may try and survive which will be his undoing as Haye will just punch right through his guard and close the show. Bellew will be outgunned, outclassed.

12. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    I do believe that Haye would probably gas if it went long, he's bound to seeing as he hasn't fought a real fight in 5 years.

But it is irrelevant because he'll end this within a couple of rounds. Bellew cannot possibly stand up to Haye's power when he gets caught. I think Haye will come steaming forward from the off whereas Bellew will be on his bike from the start trying to get into those rounds where Haye would probably gas.

S.K likes this.
  13. Joshua Rubinstein

Joshua Rubinstein New Member banned Full Member

Jan 30, 2017
  14. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I'm going against everyone here. I think Haye will win but only on points and will probably end up fighting him again.

Haye has been in the ring for just over 3 rounds since July 2012. Bellew has been in the ring 113 rounds in the same amount of time.

Whether you rate him or not, Bellew is a world Champion who is full of self belief and clearly benefitting from fighting with a bit more timber on him at cruiserweight.

A victory for Haye but a moral one for Bellew.

15. youcrazyboy

youcrazyboy Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2007
    If Haye doesn't win in 3 I'll be shocked. I actually think Bellew could get seriously hurt and I hope the ref doesn't allow him to get too hurt. I know he's getting a big pay day and fast Eddie is getting a huge payday but I dobnt like seeing massively overmatched fighters getting hurt it's horrible and so bad for the sport.