Haye vs Macca at 210lbs

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by robpalmer135, Nov 12, 2007.

1. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    Who wins, obviously at clean H/W its Haye, and at cruier is Macceranelli.

2. Charles187

Charles187 Active Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2007
    I think probably Haye whatever weight its at. I think macca is well overrated.

3. The Lads

The Lads Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2007
    his performance against braithwaite was superb. Beat him in a far better manner than mormeck did. Macca hits much harder than Jean mark too, so I dont think its foregone at cruiser. Enzo cant do heavy though, not big enough and to get big enough he'd be adding unatural weight, unlike Haye.

I think its dead in the water anyway, a moot point, one for the "reflective boxing" section.

4. Steve Fox

Steve Fox Guest

It completely baffles me when people claim that his performance against Braithwaite was anything special. Braithwaite offered nothing.

5. Steve Fox

Steve Fox Guest

The thing about a fight between Haye and Macca, is what happens to the loser and their career? If Macca lost it could take him weeks to get back up to that level.

6. mike464

mike464 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2005
    I'd pick Haye to win easily at heavy or cruiser

7. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Braithwaite hits harder than Mormeck and Enzo's chin took It.

8. Max Molyneux

Jul 11, 2005
    He better keep his left up against Mac or there will Mac jabs and rights landing.

9. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    Braithwaite doesn't hit harder than Mormeck, Mormeck would be Macca!

10. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    I'm still not sold on Haye, chin is questionable as is that low left and leaning forward, not using his height.

11. Max Molyneux

Jul 11, 2005
    Mac would tank Mormeck out as well.

12. The Lads

The Lads Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Mac beats Mormeck. Mac has a good chin, good defence (now) and super stamina... Mormeck would do really well till around the time haye caught up with him, around then Mac would too. Mac's improving all the time since joining team Calzaghe, and he seems a grounded sound guy too. Dont know where all the hate comes from. He doesnt decide who he fights. This time next year he'll have one of the big three titles, WBA at a guess.

As for braithwait slipping considerably - so has Mormeck! he was ****ed against bell down the stretch and he was ****ed on Saturday. Mormeck might hit AS hard, but Enzo was caught clean on a couple of occassions and it didnt budge him.

13. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Same here, Enzo seems a decent, down to earth bloke. I really don't see how all the abuse is justified.

14. Words

Words Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 21, 2007
    I dont hate the guy I just object to the fact he has a title belt, goes round calling himself a champion and making boasts about being the best cruiserweight in the world and does nothing to defend it.

The Braithwait win was a good win, but to be honest if Haye fought Braithwaite how long would it last? 3 rounds? 5? The Mark Hobson fight showed me what I needed to know about Enzo, good fighters, strong, but nothing awesome. Hobson is a good fighter and made a real argument out of it, but if Enzo was all he was cracked up to be he'd have done right through him. Dropping rounds to Hobson is not something that a world class cruiserweight would do.

And his power is overrated. Name one quality fighter he's KO'd? Hobson is his best. He never even staggered Braithwaite, who didn't look anything like as good as he did in the past.

15. toffeejack

toffeejack Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Enzo would KO Haye I would put big money on it.

No way does Haye escape the right hand and no way does he get up if Enzo connects. If Mormeck easily wobbled him then what the hell do you think will happen when a bigger puncher like Enzo connects?