Haye vs Mormeck TV Deal!!!!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by robpalmer135, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    The channels must of used up their budgets.:shock:

2. The Lads

The Lads Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Hopefuly King has overpriced and he'll lower the asking price as fight night looms.

3. The Lads

The Lads Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2007
  4. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    yeh i can imagine that Setanta and Sky have spent alot of there boxing budget on Calzaghe and Hatton.

Maybe Eurosport could go for it!

5. Steve Fox

Steve Fox Guest

I doubt they'd shell out for live coverage. If this fight isn't shown in this country, it will be a new low for boxing.

6. Excelsior

Excelsior New Member Full Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Below is my email to SKY about Haye v Mormeck:
    Do you have any plans to show the boxing match on Saturday 10th November taking place in France between the WBC/WBA Cruiserweight champion Jean March Mormeck and the British challenger David Haye? I ask this because SKY has shown all David Haye's recent fights and also interviewed him a few weeks ago to discuss the preparations for his fight on 10th November. However, I notice that it is not listed on your "Boxing live on Sky Sports" page.

Below is SKY's reply (on 26th October):
    Thank you for your email regarding Jean March Mormeck v David Haye.
    Unfortunately, we have no plans to broadcast this fight on 10 November however, we may have some highlights planned. May I suggest you email us again the week of the fight for an update on highlights. Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Sky.

7. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    thats ****in ridiculous. i think the problem is that haye is not a big name (although he deserves to be) and DK is probably asking silly money.

looks like i'll have to try catching a stream.

8. robpalmer135

Jun 29, 2007
    if they show next day highlights i wouldnt mind, you can avoid the result. any streaming sites you no off.
    any pubs in London that have french tv, i know alot have it for sky!

9. Steve Fox

Steve Fox Guest

I ****ing mind! I've waited five ****ing years for this fight and now it ain't gonna be on. ****ing disgraceful!

10. Charles187

Charles187 Active Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Why dont ITV have a pop for it?

11. robpalmer135

Jun 29, 2007
    i dont think setanta would want to promote a fighter for him to just go back to Sky, same with other channels.

Its Sky or nothing!

12. Charles187

Charles187 Active Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Good point - didnt think of that!

13. robpalmer135

Jun 29, 2007
    seriously I reckon Maloney and Haye should get together and put money in with Sky to get this on if Sky don't have the budget.

No matter how much Haye is being paid by Don King its not gonna be worth the lack exposure he is gonna get if this is not on TV!

This is his oppurtunity to become the 4th boxer in Britain (in terms of name after Calzaghe, Hatton and Khan) because at the moment hes got alot to compete with. If its not on tv its gonna be terrible for his career, if its not on TV the press will not cover it.

14. Gooner4ever

Gooner4ever Member Full Member

Mar 3, 2006
    This is the reply I got back from Sky on Tuesday.

For your information - the
    This content is protected
    broadcasting rights to the Jean-Marc Mormeck-David Haye fight are currently still under negotiation. I am hopeful that we may be able to make an announcement regarding this fight soon.

In the meantime, I hope you continue to enjoy watching your boxing on Sky.

Best Wishes,

CHRIS BROWN Executive Producer, Sky Sports Boxing

I know someone posted a reply from Sky as of the 26th, so at least this gives us all a little hope. Personally, I don't think it's going to be shown live in this country which will be a shame. I have been looking forward to it ever since the fight was first announced and I really thought Sky would come through. Especially when you consider Setanta have Cotto Vs Mosley that same night live. I know it's not ideal but I'm positive that Radio 5 will have the fight live. That will at least be better then nothing.

15. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007

That reply from Sky seems a bit more promising - lets hope they deliver.