Haye vs Skelton ???????

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by unitas, Nov 11, 2007.

1. The Lads

The Lads Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2007
    As I said in my last post

These guys have been punching at the weight and taking punches at the weight. The ones that couldnt take them ultimately dropped off over the years. Audley, Olympic gold medalist, shits himself when punches are coming at him, gets knocked out at domestic level. It matters not a jot what Haye says about weight, he needs to be in the ring proving it. He blasted Bonin out of there, but Bonin never landed a shot or got into the contest.

I'd like to see him fight Skelton, Rahman then a title shot. because hayes chin (imo) remains suspect he's only one punch away from hitting the deck.

I'd also like to speak to someone who can explain (idiots guide) how Scott Harrison fights 14lbs heavier than he weighs in, yet has super stamina and chin (as does Hatton), yet Haye adds the same but consistently puts any problems down to the weight. he says his stamina is super, its the weight making issues? Dont get it.

2. rydersonthestorm

rydersonthestorm Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 27, 2007
    I understand what your saying but you don't understand about dropping weight, scott harrison and ricky hatton are fat, they have muscle underneath the fat but they are losing fat when they are training to get down to weight. You wondered why he is called ricky fatton after he fights he goes on a pie and beer diet, david haye weighs about 220+ pounds of solid muscle. The difference is he is losing muscle which is alot harder to do and alot worse for you stamina than losing the beer and junk food fat hatton and harrison put on.

3. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007
    He's not cutting 20lbs of muscle. I know nothing about it, but he IS NOT cutting muscle! It's fluid, as it is with Hatton and Harriosn - fluid. Do you think harrison is putting on a stone of fat overnight? **** me, what would he be doing, whats would he be eating?

4. rydersonthestorm

Sep 27, 2007
    Yes he is, haye weighs 230 pounds and has to drop 15-20 lbs of muscle, also hatton and harrison are putting on that kind of weight in a couple of weeks becuase they are eating junk food and drinking alot of beer. When hatton is in training he is eating salad and other such foods, when he finish's a fight he goes to massive english breakfast,pie and chips chinese and 10-15 pints of beer a day. Thats how he puts so much weight on in a few weeks, don't say you don't know about something and then make out i am wrong when i actually know.

5. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007
    You know do you.... Harriosn weighs 126lbs on friday night, when he gets in the ring on Saturday NIGHT he weighs 140lbs +

When hatton weighs in he's 140lbs, when he steps in the ring THE NEXT night he'll be 14 + lbs bigger.

After excess fat Its fluid you lose, you BOIL down.... Im admitting I know nothing about it, but I know the basic physics. Your saying Haye is cutting lean muscle, 20lbs of it? Not fat or fluid but lean solid muscle? Then in the 3 months between fights he's putting 20lbs of muscle back on, then taking it off agian?

So if / when he was fighting every 4 months. he was putting 20lbs of muscle on, taking 20lbs of muscle off. You go down the gym and try and put 20lbs of muscle on without "assistance"

6. rydersonthestorm

Sep 27, 2007
    Why does david haye weigh 217 pounds and still look as lean at that weight as he does at 200lbs ???
    He weighs 230 odd pounds so he has 30 lbs of excess fat and fluid despite being one of the leanest boxers about ??
    You seem to forget what your saying, hatton gains back 14 lbs of water weight etc to make him 154, he is 170+ a few weeks after he has fought and looks fat so he is losing 15-20 pounds of fat as well as his water weight.

7. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Skelton has never been in a exciting fight but it would be a really good test of Haye's credentials at heaveyweight. Skelton is the best of the current British hw scene and although a step below the world champs he would put up he good fight and be a challenge.

Also the fight mighnt get decent exposure for Haye.

8. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007
    The Human body is 65% water and fluid - thats 150lbs of hayes body is fluid. So, out of the remaining organs, tissue etc... there is 80lbs to play with - now youre saying he's losing 20lbs of muscle, a quarter of his remaining body weight??
    So, to answer, yes, im saying he's losing water / fluid / fat weight as appose to the muscle weight. I dont understand the science and im hoping someone on here will explain. As I understand its partly down to hydration and diueretics.
    I understand what your saying about Hatton, losing fat and water is ten / twenty times easier than losing muscle which is a ****ing nightmare, as I understand. As you "know" please explain the science behind gaining and losing 20lbs of muscle.
    As I said I know the basics, but I dont know much....

9. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Negative.The 30lbs is not excess fats or water.You can make weight correctly by dieting correctly.Essentially what Haye does is to dry out slowly to make weight.His constitution is quite good and he naturally doesnt carry that much excess baggage.But because of the quality of the mass that his affecting IE muscle mass/fast twitch fbres this could hamper his performance when loosing that much weight.To be honest if Haye wanted to make 200 he simply has to not blow up so high inbetween fights.This would be difficult for him though depending on what his natural walking around weight is.

10. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Hattons case is quite diffrent as he blows up excessively inbetween bouts.He is also a classic Endomorph as opposed to David who is a classic Mesomorph.Hatton has been as high as 180 and he fights at 140.His comfortable walking around weight is probably in the 160lbs region though.Dieting to make 140 from 160 would not affect his peformance unless he lost the weight too quicklly.Which would affect him physically.The remainder of the weight that would be lost closer to fight time would be whatever water is left in the muscle.

11. Sundance

Sundance Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006

If Haye is as good as he thinks he is then Skelton should be easy meat!

Skelton will be well aware a Fraudley class chin is his achilles.

12. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    If Haye is going to do this, then he needs to look at how Holyfield did it, rather than Spinks.

To start of with a tough journeyman should be his first opponent; Paulo Vidoz would be a good choice. Then perhaps an Oliver McCall should be up. Get though that then perhaps a Rahman or Brewster; this would prepare him for a match with a Ibragimov or Maskaev, which then could lead to Klitschko or who was ever on top at the time.

13. rydersonthestorm

Sep 27, 2007
    M8 if you read my posts you will see i was being sarcastic as i told the other poster that he was not losing fat and water as he was lean at 217 pounds, so i was quite correct.

14. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007
    Virches then Maskaev is doo-able, and possible with WBC backing, and Haye has had their backing big time.

15. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007

Very sarcastic - least I admit I know nothing about it, and ask for advice. Not say "I KNOW", when clearly I ddnt and cant back it up with science or even facts. What I do know is you DONT lose 20lbs of muscle.