Haye was clearly injured before the fight

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by On_The_Ropes, Mar 5, 2017.

1. james4210

james4210 Active Member Full Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Not taking anything away from Tony, that was amazing performance and as David Haye said afterwards, when asked about his own ankle injury, he said you don't know what injurys Tony might have.

Totally impartial I thought there was something up with David from the open workout. His right heel seem to be stuck to the floor and his stance during the fight looked weird, like he was dragging a club foot.

2. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Exactly what I was thinking, Haye just didn't look right in there at all last night, right from the very beginning.

It's frustrating that Hearn & Bellow will use this as ammunition when claiming Bellow is worthy of a shot against guys like AJ & Wilder. I hope Bellow sticks to his word before the fight & goes back down to cruiserweight to defend his title.

3. Curiousmadness

Curiousmadness New Member Full Member

Mar 4, 2017
    Bellew would get dismantled against any half fit heavyweight. I don't see how Haye can come back from this though. Gonna be tough to say the least.

4. Tommy.™

Tommy.™ Active Member Full Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Haye was definitely injured going into this. You could tell in the first two rounds that he just wanted the early finish hence why he was swinging like a madman. Then he started to use the jab to the body and started to pick his shots better but his leg blew out and there wasn't much he could do there. Haye didn't look the same last night I think he needs to accept that he's physically not capable of boxing at the high level anymore.

5. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Haye showed a lot of heart and bottle last night, but that's a serious injury.. factor it in with age and inactivity, he's done.

He earned a lot of respect last night, given all the stick he received for the toe... he showed bollocks.

6. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    The injury to Haye was key, anyone that thinks otherwise is in denial.

7. Legend X

Legend X Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Mar 18, 2005
    He looked the same against Mark De Mori and Arnold Garbage though.
    Haye's deluded fans are the ones who needed their eyes tested back then.

The only real surprise is that Bellew turned out to be so significantly better than Haye's last two set-ups.
    It was a huge surprise to Haye too, and a massive miscaluculation on his (and everyone else's) part.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  8. Legend X

Mar 18, 2005
    The thing is, it's the Haye fans who have been in the denial for the last 4 years.

Don't suddently act surprised that David Haye is a bit sh!t largely because he's injury-prone. That's been the truth of the matter for years.

Combined with the fact that he's always been ridiculously overrated anyway, explains why he lost this fight.

9. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    I give Tony Bellew full credit, as do I give full credit to Haye for fighting on with a potentailly career ending injury.

Fact is, Bellew predicted this was going to happen and said he would capitalise on it and that's exactly how it happened. So full credit.

Legend X likes this.
  10. mstar

mstar Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Does anyone know what the official scorecards where upto the injury to haye? Also upto the stoppage?

11. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    I don't know about before the injury but all 3 cards were 96-93 Bellew at time of stoppage.

12. Legend X

Mar 18, 2005
    Haye's body has been broken down for years, as everyone knows. He didn't look good in those two "fights" last year either.
    I can't believe people don't want to give Bellew credit and are suddently acting like Haye being an injured wreck is some sort of unforseen flukey piece of misfortune.

This 2016-2017 version of Haye has never been remotely any sort of heavyweight contender or threat to the real top HWs out there. A lot of us have been calling it like that all this time.

The only surprise is that Bellew was good enough to capitalize on that.
    It's time to give Tony some credit for that.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.