Haye-Wlad not happening...yet - Wlad vs Chisora set for 30th April...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by kosaros, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    The main support of a Klitschko fight is usually Andy Lee against a lightweight (or Jonathan Banks against a middleweight) with a 1-1 record.

2. Alyroo

Alyroo Active Member Full Member

Jan 9, 2008
    All Haye's fights will be PPV now. Even if he fights a bum noone's heard of.

Doesn't make sense for him & sky not to. Unless he can soften the blow with US TV money.

Only way I can see haye fighting before a july 2nd date (if it's to be believed) is in the US. Either in late march on regular sky & hbo or doubling up with Khan on april 16th.

Or unless sky allow a late march ppv fight 3 weeks before khan... but i'm assuming not as they wouldn't allow 2 weeks afterwords on what would have been the day after a payday for alot of people

3. Big Dunk

Big Dunk Rob Palmer Full Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Sky and RTL then. Both of them to blame. I am cancelling my sky sub and getting a greek box in can get it all on there for free. **** the ****s.

4. ashedward

ashedward Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 30, 2008
    ****ing sky,i cant believe that a Khan- Petersson ppv is going put the Haye-Klit fight at risk what a joke

5. bam bam

bam bam Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2010
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

6. Alyroo

Jan 9, 2008
    I blame premier sports. Most non-league fans seem to blame them for everything so so will I.

7. Vano-Irons

Vano-Irons Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jan 18, 2010
    Has anyone got solid confirmation that Sky approved July 2nd and no oter date. If this is the case they can go **** themselves!

8. HMSTempleGarden

HMSTempleGarden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Like I said above you can't blame Sky until you know RTL's position/involvement in all this.

I'm checking with a German mate of mine what is being said over there, I notice that Boxrec have the fight down now for 2nd July!

9. Alyroo

Jan 9, 2008
    No that's why I said 'if it's to be believed'.

It's just what beonte said in his statement on the scene.

10. bam bam

bam bam Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2010
    RTL approved the April 30 date but Sky wont have it on then because of the Khan fight:patschbut really both Sky and RTL are to blame for not getting a date in May/June.

11. Vano-Irons

Jan 18, 2010
    Haye WONT fight twice between now and July, no chance.

He should fight Adamek first, then Wlad in September. That the most realistic thing I can think of now. July for me is off. No way Wlad fights Chisora and gives himself 8 weeks recovery and training time for the biggest HW fight in a decade. It's just not happening.

12. HMSTempleGarden

HMSTempleGarden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    the Khan fight is in April, there should be no issue about another PPV a month or 6 weeks later.

if its an issue then put Khan on SNF. He's guaranteed his $1 million+ from GBP anyway.

13. LP_1985

LP_1985 JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times Full Member

Sep 6, 2009
    totally agree

i hope some1 from sky reads this, as i always pay for sky ppv + subs, i just wont watch it or any further PPV's :finger

14. Vano-Irons

Jan 18, 2010
    Well done sky!!!!

Khan Peterson is a much bigger fight. Real talk! Gutted! Seemingly all they had to do was push Khan either forward or back a month. Joke!