Haye's decline..

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Brixton Bomber, Mar 5, 2017.

1. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    There are other questions to be asked now also. When the fight was first announced the vast majority were surprised it was so far off. Why the delay, why wait so long?

Obviously Christmas kills a few weeks, and there was the Frampton fight which meant Shane McG wasn't available for a while, but was Haye injured before he even signed up for the fight? Did he arrange the fight so long in the distance in the hope he would be fully fit by fight night? It does make you wonder.

2. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I'm with u on this. Great fighter in his day. Still could beat most with a healthy body an a bit more activity. Undisputed cruiser. Probably top 3 ever at the weight. Very very good career

3. Legend X

Legend X Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Mar 18, 2005
    It's funny how so many of Haye's biggest fans are now suddenly accepting that he's injury-prone, basically washed up, and no longer any sort of heavyweight contender .... ... when, in fact, it was just as true last week as it is today.
    It was true when he fought De Mori and Garbage, where his movement looked pretty awful too.

It's only because he lost to Bellew that the reality came crashing down in on the Haye fans.
    Far from finding reasons to delude themselves into a fantasy where Haye's this elite big player in the heavyweight divsion, now the motivation is to find an ALIBI to explain him losing to someone everyone thought could beat him.

One day, perhaps, the reality that he was never anything special at heavyweight (even when he was relatively healthy) may dawn on some of them too. But don't hold your breath on that score.

Twentyman likes this.
  4. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    When your other account is no longer *BOOTED* will you be back on it? Or staying on this?

How was your head Sunday because I bet you had a massive hangover.:godsdrink0nw:

5. Legend X

Mar 18, 2005
    Hangover ?
    Explain.

6. Legend X

Mar 18, 2005
    I'm not sure why people can't just accept they were wrong about David Haye.
    Are people really going to carry on deluding themselves that he's good enough to beat Wladimir Klitschko, Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Joseph Parker .... or even get through a training camp ...... when he can't even beat Bellew ?

7. james4210

james4210 Active Member Full Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I agree he was, is there any way I can see the scorecards round by round, are they even released. I'm not doubting you I'm just curious how the fight was scored

8. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    A lot of peoples dreams were crushed on Saturday. A lot of people were hoping Haye fought AJ down the line and bought into this anti Hearn rubbish that Haye was spouting.

They wanted to see Haye beat the golden boy. Oh well.

Legend X likes this.