Haymon MADE Ortiz turn down 5 Million against AJ, how is that acceptable? SMH (500k is most he made)

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by El Chicano, Apr 25, 2019.

1. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    The Muhammad Ali Act (applicable in America only) says thats a manager cannot be a promotor or act on behalf of or as a promotor.

If Haymon is acting as both, this is a conflict of interest and illegal. I'll wager the contracts use fancy wording and terminology with many clauses and sub-clauses but that is just a way of flouting the piece of legislation that has been in effect for many years now.

Holler likes this.
  2. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Loyalty must really be worth more than money.

Work the body likes this.
  3. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    But Ortiz is like 10 years away from a social security check...FK loyalty let me get that paper :banana:

Work the body and bandeedo like this.
  4. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    If a boxer's IQ is sub 80 they actually believe that.

5. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Rahman had a rematch setup with Lewis, then Don King walked in with a suitcase full of cash and made Rahman sign an exclusive, multi-million Dollar contract with him. That's how the world works -- unless your name is Louis Ortiz or Deontay Wilder.

6. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    lol. Ortiz got a bit too scared in the meeting about the massive contract offer and probs pissed his pants while crying out to his mommy that he didn't want to fight and get hurt..

Haymon had no choice but to veto it and it seems to be a common theme over in PBC...

Hopefully he has plenty of tissues and grief counsellors for when these PBC guys lose their rag when faced with fighting AJ..

7. Slowhand

Slowhand Member Full Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Nope. VADA made Ortiz turn down the offer.

8. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Maybe... but the pragmatic thing to do is go in clean and take a couple lumps for the payday. Not sure why it is so hard to compute when we got dummies like Miller who cannot do even that.

9. Slowhand

Slowhand Member Full Member

Dec 26, 2012
    I agree, but some gear takes time to flush out - and time Ortiz doesn´t have. He´d probably have to start testing immediately. I wonder why Kownacki really turned down the fight, he seems to be on the same diet as his buddy Miller.. edit: no accusation, no proof, just wondering.

10. Guybino

Guybino Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    rematch vs Wilder for WBC and $1 million (?)

or fight vs AJ for 4 belts and $5 million +

hhmmmmm

Work the body and Slowhand like this.
  11. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    If they promised him Wilder rematch they basically said , we got you a lesser pay fight.

Has to be he's on something or he's just stupid , more then I thought ?

The only boxer dumb enough to actually fight for less bc of loyalty is Wilder bc I know he isn't confident against Joshua and had a massive ego.

This leaves me to believe he's probably on a ped.

Rock0052 and Work the body like this.
  12. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I presume that Haymon in looking to build Wilder as a great HW champion, is blocking the Ortiz bout against AJ.

If AJ was to body bag Ortiz in 3 rounds without even getting out of 2nd gear, that would make Wilder look poor in comparison as he went life and death with him and only got a late stoppage win.

By blocking this fight, there is no recent point of comparison and he can continue to puff up the inferior Wilder and try to make money off him.

13. nickpoppunk

nickpoppunk Unbelievable Bentekkers Full Member

Feb 14, 2012
    i dont get it really. i mean this is probably a stupid idea but surely a board of control or whoever has given him a lisence to fight should investigate why they would turn down that offer. without a legitimate reason, if the reason is they think its lowball then they should be able to explain why they think that without just making the statement "ts a lowball offer".

even if the reason is that he was scared to fight or he was personally blocked by haymon?

it would probably cost to much time and money but it just doesn't add up 'in this situation'.

Work the body likes this.
  14. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I find it disgusting that human beings on this forum are still unwilling to accept that it is Wilder/Haymon and Co. that are ruining the division for everyone.

Joshua/Hearn and Co. are making it easy by offering people fights and tons of cash to do it.

Wilder hangs on to the belt, cherry picks his opponents, tells difficult opposition like Whyte " I'll make you wait two years before you get your shot... so you better keep winning" and then asks for absurd amounts of money to challenge Joshua.

The WBC allow people like Ortiz to get a second shot, Fury to come from nowhere and challenge the Champ, Kownacki to be pushed infront of Whyte....

Ortiz\ Kownacki\ Wilder\ Haymon all turning down career high paydays that don't present themselves very often, if ever.

How in the hell are Joshua and Hearn the bad guys? The made the Heavyweight division more exciting, provided more opportunity, set up big shows for all of us to enjoy...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  15. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    People keep mentioning but oh Ortiz has been promised a rematch with Wilder. So? He’s just been offered a better fight for much more money. Then it’s oh Haymon doesn’t want him to take the fight. The excuses are pathetic. Tell Haymon to **** off I’m taking this fight. Honestly it’s unbelievable.

Aydamn likes this.