HBO doing Hatton no favours in America

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ajc1984, Jun 24, 2007.

1. smokey

smokey Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2005
    They did point out the beating Hatton was putting on him throughout the fighter. After one round, Manny said that he didn't think Castillo had a chance due to Hattons speed and accuracy, not usually an attribute the media had given Hatton a lot of credit for.

2. CASH_718

CASH_718 "You ****ed Healy?" Full Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Bull**** Hatton's ****ing boring. His fights turn into wrestling matchs.

3. BoppaZoo

BoppaZoo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 21, 2007
    so your calling Tommy Hearns boring OK and Ricky Hatton exciting. :lol:

4. Cruiser1

Cruiser1 Champion Emeritus Full Member

Feb 23, 2005
    In Manchester, Hatton was a ball of excitement whose body shots were just outright vicious.

In America, Hatton's been rather boring and seems to wanna hold more than punch.

HBO doesn't need to say anything cuz Hatton's not doing himself any favors with his style. Castillo was NOT initiating those clinches. He was lucky to get the nod against Collazo and he put on a snoozefest against Urango who isn't even in his galaxy. When those are your first two impressions on your new network you've dug yourself a hole. I like Hatton alot. I always have. I just have a feeling that the weight fluctuations inbetween fights have really taken a toll on him and he can no longer fight at a frantic pace like he used to. He controls the fight by jumping in throwing a punch or 2 and then holding. It's like he's recharging his batteries every few minutes with a clinch. I see many subtle differences and I think they are weight-correlated.